Never Miss a Detail Again With Work Completion Forms
You’ve just completed a job and you’re pretty proud of the results. Then the client says, “I asked you to do it this way instead.” Or worse—they say you never did it at all.
The job details might still be fresh in your mind. But what if it was a long, complex project? Or what if the client doesn’t bring it up until weeks afterward and you barely remember the job anymore?
Job forms in Jobber help you capture information about a job while you’re doing it. And when you send a job form after the work is complete, you’ll remind the client (and yourself!) what the work was and how you completed it.
What is a work completion form?
A work completion form is a type of documentation that you send to a client after completing a job. It outlines the tasks you did as part of the job, both for your records and the client’s.
In Jobber, you can create different types of work-related forms for your team. These can be for internal use or customer-facing reports. These are just a few examples:
- Job checklists
- Site inspection checklists
- System function tests
- Service authorization forms
- Chemical tracking forms
You can create a work completion form using the job forms feature in Jobber. When you send it to your clients, it’ll make you look more professional and end the job on a positive note.
Here’s what a client sees when you send them a work completion form:
What are the benefits of work completion forms?
Adding work completion forms to your processes can prevent all kinds of headaches—here’s how:
- Proof of work: If a client contests the work, just open that day’s job, pull up the job form, and show which services you provided. Having this detailed record allows you to say, “Here’s what we agreed on, and that’s exactly what I did for you.”
- Clear documentation: Depending on your line of work, you might need to provide different types of documentation to prove you’re compliant with certain regulations. Work completion forms help provide that proof in a detailed and professional-looking format.
- Consistent data: With job forms, everyone on your team can easily access and fill out the same questionnaires in the same way. This ensures all the important details are included every time, giving you and your clients the consistency you need.
- Accurate hours: Track how much time you spent on a particular job. This is especially useful if your prices are based on hourly rate, or if you’re paying employees by the hour. You can also use this data to quote future jobs more accurately.
- Field accessibility: Paper forms can be hard to use when you’re on the job. Jobber’s mobile app allows you to fill out and send work completion forms to the client while you’re still at their home, making it easier to collect their signature for a job well done.
What should you include in a work completion form?
Work completion forms can include a lot of the same information as work request forms. Here are a few examples:
- Checklists or dropdown menus with tasks completed
- Details of any further work needed
- Information about next steps to take
When you email the work completion form to the client, you can also attach and send files like:
- Site photos taken on your phone or stored in the job as internal notes
- A signed and downloaded job form in PDF format
- Other job attachments
Here’s what it looks like when you create a form in Jobber:
How should you use work completion forms?
Every time you create a new job, attach any job forms that you’d like to use during that job. You can also make this form a default attachment for any new visit or job.
Train your team to include these forms in their day-to-day work. When the visit is complete, they should fill out the form and use the app to email the appropriate forms to the client, along with any attachments.
Once the job is done, send the work completion form and any additional attachments by email. You can also collect a client signature for the job itself on-site using the Jobber app.
Pro Tip: You can also edit the email templates where you attach your work completion form. So if you’d like to ask the client for a Google review now that they’ve seen what a great job you did, you can edit the template to include that request.
Work completion forms are one of the best ways to keep your clients happy and your business organized. When you have these forms in your back pocket, you’ll never miss a detail again.