10 Best Arborist Apps to Run Your Business
Whether you want to invest in a reliable arborist app to identify different types of trees or go all-in on tree care software, the right technology will help you run a more efficient and profitable tree service business.
Business apps help you speed up processes, get more organized, and make your tree care company easier to work with.
Some tree service apps, for example, give your clients access to a client portal so they can approve quotes, get notifications when your team is on-site, and pay 100% online.
To help you take advantage of these benefits, we’ve curated a list of the 10 of the best arborist apps for running and marketing your business (reviews included).
gular content block
The best arborist apps to streamline your business
- Jobber: Tree Care Business Software
- Knots 3D: Learn How to Tie a Knot
- Leafsnap: Plant Identifier
- QuickBooks Online: Accounting for Tree Care Professionals
- Fleetsharp: GPS and Mileage Tracker
- Google Drive and G-Suite: File Sharing
- Slack: Remote Team Communication
- NiceJob: Reputation Management Software
- Mailchimp: Email Marketing Software
- Facebook: Social Media Apps
Arborist Apps for Running Your Business
1. Jobber: Tree Care Business Software
iOS, Android, and desktop, starting at $29/month
Jobber’s tree care software gives you everything you need to run your business on the move, including quoting, scheduling, tracking client information, invoicing, and tools for getting paid.
Yes -we’re biased for putting this one first. But Jobber was voted #1 most popular and affordable field-service software for a reason!
You can try it for free to see for yourself.
More specifically, Jobber lets you:
- Accept and manage online bookings
- Use a drag-and-drop calendar to schedule jobs and assign them to crews
- Store all your client details
- Create job and equipment checklists to share with your crews
- Give clients access to an online portal to approve quotes and pay online
- Monitor who still owes you money
- Optimize your driving routes
- Integrate with other apps such as your accounting software
2. Knots 3D: Learn How to Tie a Knot
iOS and Android
Knots 3D is especially suited for climbers, but arborists will also benefit from the inclusion of nine common knots used by tree care professionals.
Even if you already know how to tie lots of knots, it’s always good to have a refresher on hand, and you can use this app to practice, refine your skills, or even train a new hire.
With Knots 3D, you can view a 3D animation of each knot and slow it down and rotate it to see what it looks like and how to tie it.
3. Leafsnap: Plant Identifier
If you offer tree healthcare services, the last thing you want to do is prescribe the wrong treatment because you incorrectly identified a tree or plant.
It’s your very own field guide in the palm of your hand. Use it to identify plants and trees by taking a photo of the leaves.
4. QuickBooks Online: Accounting for Tree Care Professionals
iOS, Android, and desktop, starting at $15/month
Accounting is often the last thing on your to-do list, but it’s a crucial part of running a successful business. By staying on top of your finances, you always know how your business is performing, and are prepared for tax season.
That’s why you need QuickBooks Online accounting software.
Use QuickBooks to manage your invoices, expenses, income, reports, and payroll information from a desktop, phone, or tablet. And, integrate it with your favorite apps like Jobber, so you spend less time flipping between apps.
5. Fleetsharp: GPS and Mileage Tracker
iOS and Android
Fleetsharp makes use of GPS tracking and can track:
- Your crew’s vehicle activity during the day
- Vehicle location at any specific time
- Driver behavior, e.g., excessive idling
- Mileage and fuel levels
- Vehicle maintenance alerts
Use the app to reduce fuel costs by carving out more efficient routes and improve your customer service by responding to urgent client requests faster (simply dispatch the nearest vehicle).
6. Google Drive and G-Suite: File Sharing
iOS and Android
Google offers a basket of apps you can access via Gsuite and Google Drive and use for free (e.g., Gmail, GoogleDoc, Hangouts, etc.) to create and store documents in the cloud and also share with your team to collaborate on from anywhere and any device.
But for an extra $6/mo, you also get your very own business email instead of the generic “@gmail.com” one, more cloud storage, 24/7 live support—and more.
7. Slack: Remote Team Communication
iOS and Android
When you have a team that spends a large chunk of time on the road and out in the field doing tree work, it’s easy for communication to fall by the wayside.
But, by using Slack, you can keep your entire team in the loop no matter where they’re working. Slack lets you:
- Share important files and images with each other
- Chat via text or video
- Communicate one-on-one or via specific channels
- Create different channels so that people post information that’s relevant to that channel. For example, you could create a “Tree ID” channel devoted to identifying individual trees. When someone on the job is struggling to identify a particular plant, they can take a photo and share it with the channel.
Tree Service Apps for Marketing Your Business
8. NiceJob: Reputation Management Software
Reputation management software helps you monitor and manage reviews, which are reburial to your online reputation. Managing reviews is especially vital for tree service businesses who rely heavily on word of mouth referrals to grow their business.
Customers will typically review what others are saying about your service before they even consider using you. That’s why it’s crucial you use reputation management software such as NiceJob.
NiceJob makes it easy to gather reviews by automatically sending clients review requests when a job is complete and reminders if customers are slow to leave one. The platform also lets you convert these reviews into stories (with photos) and then automatically posts them to social media.
Bonus: Connect NiceJob with Jobber to sync your existing clients and automate even more.
9. Mailchimp: Email Marketing Software
Email marketing software helps you take advantage of a marketing method that’s highly targeted and has one of the best returns on investment: email marketing.
Using beginner-friendly email marketing software like Mailchimp, you can:
- Organize your contacts and send targeted emails on a large-scale without having to type them one by one.
- Create different campaigns for your customers such as new service, re-engagement, and seasonal campaigns
- Group your customers into different audiences based on specific criteria, e.g., last service date or new and existing.
And, when you connect Mailchimp and Jobber, you can also sync all your existing contacts into the platform without manually adding them. From there, hit the road running with ready-made templates to build your first campaign.
10. Facebook: Social Media Apps
iOS and Android
Each social media app has its own specific function and unique benefits—think Instagram for visuals and Twitter for short text snippets.
But for tree care businesses, we recommend that you start by using Facebook and creating a Facebook business page. Use Facebook to:
- Tell your story by choosing the box “Our Story.” Share why you started your business and what you do to go above and beyond for clients.
- Communicate with customers instantly via Facebook messenger
- Add Facebook reviews
Publish Facebook posts often that include text and images to drive engagement
- Include a personalized Call to Action button to book more jobs
If you’re ahead of the game and already have a Facebook page, follow these steps to optimize it.
Start Using the Right Arborist Apps Today
There’s no shortage of tree service apps to help you optimize your tree care business.
Don’t worry about downloading them all right away and getting lost in all of the features.
Start with what interests you the most, or which area of your tree care business needs the most help, and go from there.