Do you want to drive growth in a brand new channel?
Then Jobber might be the place for you. We’re looking for an Affiliate Manager to join our Marketing department at our office in downtown Edmonton, AB, or our office in Toronto, ON, located in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish for our customers.
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
This is a brand new role at Jobber, so you’ll get the unique chance to develop what Affiliates means at Jobber. Our Marketing department is extremely collaborative, so you’ll have the support of your colleagues from Product Marketing to Brand and Creative to make the magic happen.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Demand Generation, the Affiliate Manager at Jobber will be responsible for developing this new channel of revenue for us. We’re looking for someone who can come in and build and activate relationships with new and existing affiliate partners to scale this channel. You’ll work extensively with the Sales and Partnerships team to validate the current funnel, create performance reports, and ensure we’re not just hitting, but also exceeding, key KPI’s. We’re looking to build the best Affiliates program in the home services space and want to ensure all best practices are in place.
The Affiliates Manager will:
- Build authentic relationships. We’re on a mission to help small businesses be successful, and the types of affiliates we want to work with are just as empathetic towards our customers as we are.
- Recruit and build a high-value and large network of affiliate partners. You’ll be responsible for understanding who to connect with, where to find them, and how to engage with them to expand the Jobber reach.
- Manage the full sales cycle for the affiliate partnerships. From finding new leads through prospecting to making first impressions, designing compensation structure to benefit both parties, integration and follow-up, you’ll be involved from top to bottom.
- Connect and engage with their network. You’ll create and distribute newsletters and emails designed to keep partners in the loop of new product updates, incentive programs, creative launches and any changes.
- Be able to pivot. You’ll be the driver behind new content and promotions to help our network succeed with traffic and conversion rate goals, but if things aren’t going well you can change things fast. You’ll monitor our SEM and media activity to ensure there’s no violations and can take immediate actions to correct.
- Be comfortable juggling tasks and also driving them. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll be balancing multiple priorities at once so the successful candidate will thrive under pressure.
- Collaborate and listen. You’ll be working with various internal partners across the organization to manage the integration of the correct affiliates tooling and reporting to help optimize performance and assist in changing things if it’s not working.
To be successful, you must have:
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing/sales/business development role for a technical product or online advertising agency.
- Previous experience in content, SEO, ecommerce, digital advertising and knowledgeable in SaaS is definitely a plus.
- The ability to work at a fast-pace without compromising quality. You’ll be working on multiple projects with different deadlines at a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- The ability to work independently. We’re looking for someone who has been part of building and managing an affiliate program and can do it again with little direction. You’re eager to look for opportunities to help Jobber grow without being told where to look and what to look for.
- Solid customer service skills. When you’re talking to new customers you can build relationships and earn trust quickly, handle negotiations like a seasoned veteran, and always have a strong commitment to providing the best experience possible. Being okay with cold calling doesn’t hurt, either.
- The ability to collaborate with the creative and the technical. Whether it’s pitching a new idea for asset materials to our Brand and Creative team or reporting to our Finance and BizOps teams about transactions to ensure timely reporting, you’re able to communicate the right information with key stakeholders around the organization.
- Client and project management chops. Being organized is going to be important, especially when dealing with tight timelines and important information. Whether you’re dealing with an internal or external stakeholder, it’s important to understand, support, explain, and pitch to them no matter their experience with affiliates.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!