Do you believe in the power of community?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an Ambassador Manager to join our Marketing team in Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The goal of Jobber’s Community Team is to grow word-of-mouth, through formal (e.g., customer referral program) and informal (e.g., social media, ambassadors) customer and non-customer referrals. We're always looking for opportunities to turn an online experience, like a Facebook Live with an industry expert, or an offline experience, like meeting us at a tradeshow, into a shareable moment to help raise awareness about Jobber. The following areas fall under Community: ambassador program, customer advocacy, events, and social media.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Community Engagement, the Ambassador Manager will continue to scale our existing ambassador program by finding unique and exciting opportunities for collaboration with key voices in our pillar industries that fit with the Jobber brand and mission.
The Ambassador Manager will:
- Build strong and trusted relationships with our ambassadors. We’ve built a reputation of supporting our community and promoting the activities and advice they share to lift up the industry. You will be in constant 1:1 communication with our ambassadors to discover and pitch opportunities, and collaborate on new initiatives.
- Grow the program’s impact. You’ll drive the reach and reputation of our brand through influencer marketing, identifying and recruiting influencers across multiple industries, and building multi-channel marketing campaigns to get them talking about Jobber in an authentic way to drive referral sales.
- Pitch and drive multi-channel marketing campaigns. You’ll pitch and drive creative, mutually-beneficial campaign ideas we can collaborate with ambassadors on to drive leads and referral sales (e.g., content, webinars, social campaigns). You’ll get buy-in from other teams to support and execute on these campaigns by identifying opportunities to work cross-functionally on projects to achieve goals and targets across multiple teams and channels.
- Improve the program infrastructure. You’ll examine and improve program processes and agreements on an ongoing basis, and you’ll work with our Business Operations team to pitch and/or identify program functionality improvements, working with the development team to see these improvements through to the finish line, and managing the communication and adoption of new program elements internally at Jobber and with our ambassadors.
- Dig into the data. You’ll be responsible for measuring, monitoring, and reporting on the success of ambassador engagement and making sure the best practices are in place for tracking and analytics. You’ll also review the data to make the call on what is working and what’s not working, and pitch replacement processes or projects as needed.
To be successful, you must have:
- 5+ years of marketing experience in external-focused/partner marketing, with a proven track record in multi-channel marketing campaign strategies.
- The ability and desire to collaborate. Working closely with the event and program coordinator, you’ll pitch and plan monthly themes and multi-channel marketing campaigns, and you’ll work with multiple internal teams to fully leverage and execute on your plans, in addition to contributing to multiple internal projects that are well-suited to leverage ambassador voices and platforms.
- Strong communication skills. You’re going to be negotiating contracts with influencers, writing in multiple tones that align with our brands, networking with ambassadors, and keeping internal teams up to date and bought in, so having a strong voice is going to be extremely important.
- To know how to juggle. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, taking care of the details, working on projects of all sizes and requiring existing and new skill sets, and be able to estimate/negotiate deadlines.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
- The ability to travel. You’ll have the opportunity to represent Jobber at our trade shows and customer events across North America.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, or even just a midday break in our full stocked kitchens.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!