Do you believe in the power of community?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an Ambassador Strategist to be part of our Community team in our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
Jobber’s Community Team works on programs and initiatives that grow awareness about Jobber, including our quarterly Home Service Economic Report, Jobber Professional Development Day, our new Boost by Jobber grant program, and so many other online and offline experiences we collaborate on with our community to pull off! The following areas fall under Community: ambassadors/influencers, events, social media, public relations, and customer advocacy. Our Marketing department is extremely collaborative, so you’ll have the support of your colleagues from Product Marketing to Brand and Creative to make the magic happen.
Reporting to the Ambassador Manager, the Ambassador Strategist will support our existing Ambassador program by researching and discovering both micro and macro-influencers and will build relationships with existing ambassadors. You’ll assist with onboarding new ambassadors and help to coordinate campaigns and initiatives to get ambassadors talking about Jobber in an authentic way.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is detail-oriented, excels under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and understands the value and impact of high quality social media content and partnering with individuals who are a great brand fit. You’ll ensure ambassadors are following brand guidelines and best practices as well as monitoring posting and ambassador participation expectations.
The Ambassador Strategist will:
- Be a brand champion. You’ll contribute to the reach and reputation of our brand through influencer marketing by supporting and contributing to ideas for campaigns, events, initiatives and resources for our ambassadors.
- Research and recruit new ambassadors. With a keen eye for what works on social media, you’ll research new potential ambassadors who would be interested in using Jobber for their own business and evaluating individuals who would be a good brand fit to represent Jobber as an ambassador.
- Build authentic relationships. You’ll assist and support existing ambassador relationships through ongoing campaigns, events or other engagements.
- Support user-generated content for our teams. Customers relate to shared experiences with others, so you’ll assist in amplifying and contributing to ideas to collaborate with our ambassadors on user-generated content so it can be leveraged cross-functionally.
- Dig into the data. You’ll be responsible for measuring, monitoring, and reporting on the success of ambassador engagement while making sure best practices are in place and posts are accurate and follow participation expectations.
- Be a strategic contributor. You have a good understanding of the balance between measurable outcomes and brand centric initiatives and how to evaluate if an ambassador is meeting expectations.
- Connect and engage with their network. You’ll be responsible to ensure ambassadors have supporting materials to share about Jobber on their platforms by helping to create and distribute newsletters and emails designed to keep ambassadors in the loop of campaigns, new product updates, and incentive programs.
To be successful, you must have:
- 2+ years of marketing experience in influencer marketing, with a proven track record in social media-driven campaigns.
- The ability to collaborate. You’ll be working with your Community teammates to support campaigns, events and tradeshows and to coordinate or engage with ambassadors to create new content for these initiatives.
- Strong communication skills. You’ll be reaching out to and engaging with new and existing ambassadors or influencers, so being clear and direct with your communication is key.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change—you need to be comfortable multitasking and prioritizing multiple campaigns, projects and ambassadors at once.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats. This role requires someone who is comfortable taking on administrative tasks, market research and creative ideation or collaboration.
- Solid customer service skills. When you’re ambassadors you can build relationships and earn trust quickly, and always have a strong commitment to providing the best experience possible.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
- The ability to travel. You’ll have the opportunity to represent Jobber at our trade shows and customer events across North America.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Sales experience or previous hands-on marketing experience for a SaaS company or tech startup.
- Education in Marketing, Business, Strategy, or related fields. BA, BS, MBA or MS in Marketing, Business or related field is a plus.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!