Are you a Jira wiz that likes to create efficient processes?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an Atlassian Admin to join our Product Operations team in our Product department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Product Development team is central to the success of Jobber – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world. In order to continuously serve the needs of our customers we research, explore, validate, plan, execute, ship, and measure problems and opportunities that drive user value and company impact. All of this involves planning, prioritizing, and executing work across multiple teams and departments. We leverage tools to help us with all stages of development so that we stay on the same page as we continue to grow.
We are looking for a strong Atlassian/Jira administrator to support our Atlassian cloud application suite. This position is responsible for supporting, maintaining, and extending our Atlassian suite. Within this role, you will directly affect process implementation, integrate Atlassian products with other internal applications, and drive efficiencies for our organization. You will support roles at all levels in having access to information about planned, in progress and completed work, and in leveraging our tools to help create and manage internal documentation and resources.
The Atlassian Admin will be responsible for:
- Configuring, maintaining, and administration of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Evaluating and managing the usage of Atlassian add-ons to meet team and business needs
- Devising, testing, and deploying integrations between Atlassian products and other internal tool chains
- Working with product teams to identify procedural efficiencies, such as Jira Workflows, custom fields, etc.
- Researching and implementing new approaches on Jira and Confluence usage
- Conducting training for employees and new hires on JIRA and informing the team on new functionalities.
- Promptly resolving issues with JIRA Projects and Confluence in coordination with other Admins and partner teams
To be successful, you should have:
- 1+ years of experience administering Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence) Bonus: Experience extending Atlassian products via code development is preferable and experience directly integrating Atlassian products with other systems is preferable.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with JQL
- Working knowledge of Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills. Your written and verbal communication skills help keep stakeholders informed of updates to tooling, understand how changes affect their work, and know when to expect their requests to be addressed.
- A knack for the details, with an understanding of the big picture. Understanding the problems teams are encountering so you can find sustainable solutions that will work across the organization.
- Strong prioritization skills. You are able to triage requests, and work to understand the impact of priorities on stakeholders.
- A desire to collaborate. To help the team move faster, you’ll need to support different people and departments.
- Execution excellence. You should be able to make high-quality updates and minimize disruption to the teams using tools.
- Ownership of your work. You are motivated by getting things across the finish line and have a solid track record of optimizing processes and juggling multiple priorities at any given time.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $15-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!