Do you have a spidey sense when it comes to fraud?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Chargebacks Analyst to be part of our Fintech department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Fintech is the newest and fastest-growing part of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We’re investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools in our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Fintech at Jobber began with the launch of Jobber Payments, and most recently business financing, and will evolve quickly as additional financial tools are launched.
Our Risk team – a key group within the broader Fintech team – is central to Jobber’s success, focused on keeping both our Jobber Payments customers and Jobber safe.
The Chargebacks Analyst will be a key part of the Risk team, helping customers dispute chargebacks and ensuring that Jobber is protected from losses. You’ll balance being detail oriented to help win as many chargebacks as possible, utilizing your spidey-sense for fraud. This is a relatively new position at the company, so we’re looking for someone who can bring in their previous experience managing merchant chargebacks and help us think big picture about how we can build out and improve our current processes and tooling.
The Chargebacks Analyst will:
- Analyze, validate and process customer chargebacks. You’ll build chargeback cases from the ground up, research disputes, create mitigation strategies, and help recover funds for merchants using internal tools. You’ll also be responsible for tracking and reporting on these resolutions.
- You’ll assist with fraud prevention for both the company and our customers. By identifying potential trends through effective case management and monitoring disputed transactions for fraudulent activity, you’ll help protect Jobber and our customers from financial losses.
- You’ll act as the go-to person for coaching and educating small business owners on the chargeback lifecycle.
- Collaboration is extremely important in this role. You’ll work to identify issues and make sound recommendations and work collaboratively with our customers to solve issues, while also collaborating with the Risk, Finance, Fintech and Product teams to enhance the customer experience when protecting our customers.
- Identify opportunities for policy, procedure, and process improvements within Chargeback Operations and champion those opportunities from idea to implementation.
- Communicating with the customers using multiple support channels such as via email/phone.
To be successful, you should have:
- 2+ years of experience as a chargebacks analyst, supporting merchants disputing chargebacks, or working in a customer service risk/fraud environment.
- An analytical mindset. We’re looking for someone who can come in and review and find trends in transactions for signs of fraud or abnormalities, and see trends in the data.
- A problem solver mindset. In this role you’ll be working with people to find solutions to chargebacks. You’ll need to be able to understand problems and come up with the solutions on how to solve them in a way that works for both the customer and Jobber.
- Clear communication skills. You’ll be dealing with multiple stakeholders in the company as well as with customers, so being able to translate your ideas and findings clearly will be important. You should also be willing to engage and resolve conflict – talking about fraud and loss of money can be an uncomfortable experience, so you should be okay with engaging in those types of conversations.
- The ability to embrace ambiguity. We don’t know what we don’t know, so you should be comfortable coming in and improving the process.
- The ability to work autonomously. We’re currently working remotely, so while you’ll be a member of a team and there are connection points, you’ll be on your own for a majority of the day. You’ll need to be a self-starter, with the ability to make decisions and find direction and guidance.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!