Do you believe that every marketing initiative requires well-written content?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Content Marketing Writer to be part of our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Inbound team leads our content, lead generation, and SEO strategy. Our organic traffic has grown over the years and we’re looking for someone to join this team as we take it to the next level— which is where you come in!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Inbound, the Content Marketing Writer will play an important role in maintaining and growing our written brand, voice and tone, and content quality across our various channels and platforms. You’ll work with the Inbound team on all things writing – from formulating and editing new content for Jobber Academy, to updating getjobber.com, to writing emails and assisting on content-led campaigns. Jobber has developed a strong brand voice, and we’re looking for someone who can support its growth within our industry and beyond.
The Content Marketing Writer will:
- Be a wordsmith. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes writing and can bring their unique perspective and voice to our company, and create the content that is compelling to our industry.
- Be a publishing powerhouse. From conceptualizing an idea to dotting the i’s, crossing the t’s, and giving your pieces the critical eye, you’re a one-person editing and publishing crew.
- Manage our voice. You’ll ensure that all pieces being published match voice and tone requirements, and ensure outsourced writing and internal writers are all on the same page.
- Be empathetic. You’ll research and learn about our audience and write each piece of content with this audience in mind.
- Be comfortable interviewing experts. The content marketing writer will interview experts, take the insights and learnings from these interviews, and turn them into actionable advice and business articles.
- Appreciate long-form content. While short and sweet online content is important, the content marketing writer will also have an appreciation for long-form blog posts, articles, resources, and guides.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- 1+ years of experience working as a content creator.
- To be a solid communicator. This should go without saying – you’re adept at working with multiple stakeholders to support their needs for content and copy, have excellent communication skills, and have previous experience as a strong copywriter, long-form writer, and editor.
- To seek out feedback. You’re someone who has a willingness to receive feedback and the ambition to use it to improve.
- To be imaginative. We’re looking for someone who will pay attention to trends in industries or topics of interest and transform these ideas into new types of content, such as ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, blog posts , etc.
- To be collaborative and open to change. Working with different stakeholders is important for this role as key content is being created, and accepting feedback from others is important.
- To be proactive and adaptable. Creating exciting content is a must, but knowing when to update it for a trend, change in industry, or update is important.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!