ARE YOU EXCITED TO LEAD, MANAGE AND SCALE A TOP-TIER ACCOUNTING TEAM?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Controller to be part of our Finance team in Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
The Finance team at Jobber is responsible for anything money related to better help plan, budget, and implement Jobber’s best ideas.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Controller will manage and oversee all accounting operations for Jobber. As our first Controller, you’ll seek to continuously improve internal controls, financial transactions and financial reporting while managing and developing an existing team of talented accounting professionals.
The Controller will:
- Manage an initial team of two direct reports and optimize results through effective performance management planning
- Drive large projects within the Finance team
- Develop and implement internal control policies and processes
- Review management accounts against budget and provide variance analysis
- Oversee month-end and year-end close processes
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting and tax filings
- Provide required financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Identify and provide guidance to staff on ways to improve current processes and data analysis techniques
To be successful, you should have:
- 8+ years of overall accounting experience, including 5+ years post CA/CPA experience
- CA/CPA designation
- Experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite (or like software) and system implementations
- Strong understanding of inter-company transactions and consolidations
- To think big, yet manage the details. You can see the big picture, but are also laser focused on delivery and execution.
- Next level communication and relationship building abilities. We move fast, which means you’ll need to build a high degree of trust with peers and key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and articulate strategic ideas with executives and deliver on high-level concepts.
- An incredible passion for our customer and a connection to our purpose – to help small businesses be more successful.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience with US GAAP
- Experience with sales tax in Canada and the US
- Experience working for a software company
- Experience working for a publicly traded company
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, or even just a midday break in our full stocked kitchens.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!