Do you dream of a world where cheezy marketing scripts are replaced by messaging that means something?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Copywriter to join our Marketing department at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB, or our office in Toronto, ON, located in the King West area!
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to the head of our Brand & Creative team, we’re looking for a Copywriter who can bring their style to own the Jobber voice and our position in the market. You’ll be able to make a real and significant impact on a high-growth company, while building the best brand in the market. If you’re strategically and conceptually strong in creating authentic, human centric copy that resonates and can add a little sass and humour to the mix, we want you.
The Copywriter will:
- Be the voice behind the scenes. You’ll further enhance the voice, tone, and written personality of Jobber to create copy that resonates with our audiences. We’re talking high-visibility projects that can build brand awareness, and through amazingly human copy is how we want to get there.
- Be in the driver's seat. You’ll create compelling and data/research driven A/B tests for marketing campaigns and digital ads.
- Be the lightbulb. We want someone who will bring their new and creative ideas to the table of how to push our established brand further, and champion them.
- Be the subject matter expert. You’ll work across a wide range of our areas including website copy, public relations, product positioning, brand positioning, creative ad copy (including test variations), marketing communication (emails + campaigns), social + community copy, in-product messaging, employer brand messaging, video scripting.
- Be a collaborator. You’ll be working with important teams both inside Jobber and out, so being able to take feedback and build on it to make something great will be key.
Anticipated start date: October 2019.
To be successful, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience as an advertising copywriter at agencies, SaaS or tech companies, studios or in-house.
- Experience working or collaborating on public relations campaigns.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables.
- To be a hands-on copy expert and crafter.
- To be interested in teaching people why/how great copy makes a difference. We don’t expect you to teach people how to write, but show them the difference it can make so they can point you problem areas in the future.
- To collaborate with cross-functional teams like a pro to define communication strategies and product releases (insights + key messaging).
What you can expect from your team:
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. Drill down a little further and you’ll find the Brand and Creative team. Brand strategy, voice and tone, maintaining a consistent personality, and evolving a strong visual brand are the tools we use to support Jobber in telling the world about who Jobber is and what we stand for.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!