Do you love working with creatives and pride yourself on being an organizational master?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Creative Studio Coordinator to be part of our Marketing department.3
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
Drill down a little further and you’ll find the Jobber Creative Studio. Brand strategy, voice and tone, maintaining a consistent personality, and evolving a strong visual brand across Jobber are the tools we use to support Jobber in telling the world about who Jobber is and what we stand for.
The Creative Studio Coordinator will use their top-notch communication skills and organizational prowess to keep tasks on track. The primary goal of the Creative Studio team at Jobber is to build a brand that will win the hearts of small service businesses. While that’s an exciting goal to work towards, it’s impossible to tactically accomplish without an organized and methodical approach to how and when work gets done.
Working closely with the Senior Creative Studio Manager (and all the Jobber Creative Studio members) you’ll be a point of contact both internally and externally for several tasks and projects we work on. You’ll get to work on all of the details that keep projects and tasks moving from point A to point B. You’ll be a self-starter and thrive in both an autonomous and collaborative environment. Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include: updating tasks and project statuses, managing paperwork and creative files, booking travel and supporting on video and photoshoot planning, prioritizing what’s most important, identifying project conflicts, and most importantly you’ll help our creative team focus on doing what they do best; being creative.
The Creative Studio Coordinator will:
- Collaborate, listen, and execute. You’ll work with the Sr. Creative Studio Manager and internal teams to understand the scope, objectives, and deliverables of what they need and then work with the Creative Studio team to plan, organize and schedule the work that is needed.
- Be an organizational mastermind. You’ll be responsible for keeping a range of tasks, documents and content organized, updated and accessible. This is a critical component of helping to keep other teams on track and able to find the material they needed quickly.
- Develop and manage detailed projects and objectives. This person will predict creative resourcing that’s needed to reach objectives of projects and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner. You’ll also support the Senior Manager with day-to-day resourcing, management and project needs while maintaining current processes and developing improved ways of working.
- Be a communications expert. This role requires someone who has strong communication skills – writing updates, lots of slack messages, and verbally when providing project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about progress.
- Build relationships with stakeholders (internal and external). To be successful in this position, you’ll rely on your people skills to ask the right questions with your stakeholders and understand the mutual goals of working together. It will be important for you to build positive working relationships with both your team, cross-functional partners and outside vendors.
- Be a brand champion. We’ve worked long and hard to build a brand that our customers can be proud of, so you’ll need to have an understanding of the Jobber brand, as it’s a part of everything we do!
To be successful, you should have:
- 1-2 years of project or production coordination experience. Agency experience is a definite bonus!
- To be organized and detail oriented.
- To be a solid communicator. You like talking, listening, understanding and anticipating challenges, discussing the pros and cons of possible solutions, and deciding on a course of action as a group.
- Have a positive and go-getter attitude.
- Be willing to jump in wherever you’re needed.
- To be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- Experience coordinating creative projects involving design, development, copy, video, etc
- Video Production experience.
What you can expect from us:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!