Does driving decisions using data sound exciting to you?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We're looking for a new Director, Business Analytics to be part of our Business Operations (BizOps) department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Business Analytics is part of the Business Operations (“BizOps”) department, our internal consulting team, which reports directly to the CEO. They’re the decision support mechanism that connects data, business insights and an internal tech stack (systems) with the rest of the organization.
The Business Analytics team is made up of Analysts of varying levels (3-10+ years of experience) who work with leaders across essentially every function of the business; Sales, Marketing, Success, Growth, Product and Fintech. The team is focused on raising insights, analyzing results and influencing decision making through a well rounded understanding of the business and deep analysis of data.
Reporting to the VP, Business Operations, the Director, Business Analytics will be critical to unlocking increasing and scalable value from our data. The role also works closely with the Jobber Leadership Team to provide data-oriented consultation on business challenges and opportunities.
The Director, Business Analytics will:
- Set the mission and vision for the Analytics team over a 1-3 year horizon.
- Hire, nurture and mentor to build a world class Analytics team. Develop skilled analysts while deploying their time and efforts in the most strategically effective manner.
- Ensure high quality delivery of source-of-truth dashboards and reports for departments across the company, as well as leadership.
- Work with analysts and stakeholders to ensure strategic initiatives and projects across the company have appropriate success criteria.
- Proactively collaborate with leadership of different departments to identify impact areas, translate opportunities into projects and lay out the execution roadmap for analytics.
- Work closely with other BizOps leaders (Revenue Operations, Business Technology and Business Strategy) to collaboratively deliver an excellent consulting service to our internal stakeholders.
- Champion new initiatives across Data Science and Data Infrastructure to ensure that Jobber is at the leading edge of decision sciences. These could be machine learning algorithms and data science approaches to solve problems such as retention, fraud/risk, attribution modeling etc.
- In partnership with the Data Infrastructure team; evaluate tools and infrastructure, and roll out initiatives to improve and promote data democratization, data security, privacy, self serve and ease of access to information.
To be successful, you should have:
- 5+ years management experience in Analytics, consulting, or other relevant areas – with experience managing and coaching people.
- Hands on experience with large datasets and driving business value through insight and analytics.
- A curious, growth mindset with an ability to work in highly unstructured contexts by bringing structure and data backed reasoning.
- Ability to work with limited direction and read the overall company context to set the direction for themselves and their team.
- Ability to navigate organizations and develop strong business partner relationships across various teams.
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organization, ensuring full understanding of stakeholder needs and wants.
- Advanced presentation skills, ability to communicate messages appropriately to effectively relay most critical information.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!