Are you driven to bring people, technology, and strategy together to build impactful software?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to be part of the Product Development Team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to our Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, you will lead a team of Development Managers and be a critical part of Jobber’s success. As a seasoned engineering leader, you will be accountable for the development of high-quality software that meets our customers' needs. With your extensive experience in people management, agile software development, and business strategy, you’ll provide strategic direction and technical leadership for the Product Development Team. As a member of Jobber’s Leadership Team, you will contribute to the broader company strategy, culture, policies, and practices.
As Director of Engineering, you will:
- Manage a team of Software Development Managers, supporting them in leading the growth and continuous improvement of a team of 40+ Software Engineers
- Contribute to, and execute on, a long-term product strategy that aligns with Jobber’s business goals
- Maintain the products’ quality, stability, and performance – and the team’s agility and impact as the team doubles and doubles again
- Nurture engineering excellence through software development best practices and continuous improvement
To be successful, you should have:
- Experience as an organizational leader – director level or higher
- Experience managing a group of people managers
- Experience running agile organizations at scale, with a sense of urgency to deliver high-quality solutions to customer problems
- Experience developing and executing a strategy that balances feature development, infrastructure improvement, and ongoing software maintenance
- Experience balancing customer and business needs, while managing a multi-million dollar budget
- Experience building diverse, high-performing teams
What you can expect from your team:
Our Product Development team is central to Jobber’s success – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through frequent 1:1’s, ongoing feedback, support from your manager, our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, your skills will develop to a higher level.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!