Do you have a spidey sense when it comes to fraud and credit risk?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We're looking for a Director, Fraud and Credit Risk to be part of our Fintech department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Fintech is one of the fastest-growing parts of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We're investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools within our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Whether it’s helping small businesses get paid using Jobber Payments, offer financing to their customers, or access capital to invest in growth – we believe small business owners should have seamless access to financial tools that allow them to thrive.
Our Risk team is a critical part of the broader Fintech team, and core to Jobber’s success – focusing on keeping both Jobber Payments customers and Jobber safe.
We’re looking for an analytically-minded payments risk leader to scale our risk capabilities as our payments business grows massively, and we add financial tools over time. As the Director, Fraud and Credit Risk, you’ll lead risk operations, analytics and strategy. Depending on experience, you may also lead payments operations more broadly.
You’ll report to the VP of Payments and Fintech who is the GM of our financial services business. You’ll be embedded within the broader Fintech team, which includes the risk team and Fintech scrum teams who tackle payments-related engineering work.
The Director, Fraud and Credit Risk will:
- At the highest level – build and execute Jobber’s strategy for minimizing losses from fraud and credit risk
- Evolve our payments risk management approach – our policy, processes and team – as Jobber Payments volume scales rapidly
- Deepen the use of analytics to detect fraud and credit risk, and associated operational process changes to ultimately prevent losses
- Build Jobber’s risk technology stack via external partnerships and proprietary risk tooling
- Drive risk team activity – including building systems, processes, operating KPIs and outcome metrics to track and optimize performance across risk operations (ie risk analysts / chargebacks analysts), analytics, and strategy
- Develop well-rounded business cases for risk management projects, with appropriate measures of success, pitch these to Leadership, and own the execution, success validation, and continued optimization of green-lit projects
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional partners – including product, engineering, customer support, and legal
- Depending on experience, establish and manage a small payments operations team with a remit that goes beyond risk management, that would include managing complex operational questions internally and with payments infrastructure partners (e.g. issues related to account verification, processor migrations, tax, etc).
To be successful you should have:
- A solid understanding and background in risk. Ideally experience managing the merchant side of payments risk – to develop an understanding of both fraud and credit risk. This could be at a merchant processor, payment facilitator, SaaS provider or fintech company that provides businesses with the ability to accept credit / debit payments.
- Experience leading individual contributors and managers. Ideally experience managing a risk operations team (risk analysts, chargebacks analysts), risk data analysts, or other members of a risk team.
- An analytics background. This role requires data fluency, and ideally experience with the analytics side of risk. At a minimum, this role requires strong business analytics – e.g. the ability to build a quantitative business case to justify an investment, and thoughtfully prioritize and guide analytics projects. However, a deeper analytical background (e.g. statistical modeling, SQL) would be highly valuable.
- Deep understanding of the guts of credit card processing.
- Experience managing a broader payments operations function would be highly valuable – particularly supporting complex merchant issues.
- Track record of continuously driving change. Ideally driving improvements rooted in analytics and technology that ultimately reduce losses and minimize manual work within a risk function.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
- The ability to embrace ambiguity. We don't know what we don't know, so you should be comfortable coming in and providing a strong steer to evolve our risk management approach.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!