Do you want to build Fintech solutions for a trillion dollar market?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Director of Fintech to establish a new department at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON, at our office in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Jobber is currently powering $6 billion annually in services for small business customers, and this will just continue to grow as the Home Services and the Field Service Management industry is estimated to become a trillion dollar market by 2023. We exist at a vast and growing economic intersection, where payment processing and other financial services are critical to the success of our small business customers.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Fintech will drive the growth and evolution of financial services at Jobber. You will help develop Jobber’s point of view on this important space, create a long term vision for the platform and ultimately be responsible for guiding Jobber’s execution against that vision. Your team will include high performance individuals from across the organization and you will work in partnership with their functional leaders to ensure their success and development.
The Director of Fintech will:
- Work closely with Jobber’s Leadership team to develop and maintain a Fintech business strategy that is integrated and aligned with the rest of the business
- Become an expert in how Fintech fits within Home Services and the Field Service Management industry and build a long term vision of its evolution in these industries and at Jobber
- Own the performance of the Fintech business – meeting or exceeding budgeted targets for revenue, new product releases, customer adoption and other KPIs
- Lead existing Marketing, Sales, Success, Development and Design team members focused solely on the success of Jobber’s Fintech initiatives
- Deeply understand market drivers, the competitive landscape and technology trends that may impact business performance
To be successful, you should have:
- A minimum of ten years in progressively more senior roles, preferably within the SaaS or Financial Services industries
- A background in Product Marketing, Product Management or Corporate Strategy
- Experience successfully managing a line of businesses and/or managing large scale impactful projects, preferably in a matrix environment
- Experience directly owning a P&L and either achieving or exceeding revenue growth targets
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with a track record of bringing well researched and designed products to market
- A data driven, analytical decision making approach
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to get things done
- An inspirational leader who can drive execution on high impact deliverables
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!