Do you believe a true partnership can make all the difference?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Director, Strategic Partnerships to lead and build out a brand-new department at our office in Toronto, ON, located in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer, our Director, Strategic Partnerships will deliver exceptional value to Jobber and help us reach new customers through building our partnership strategy and recruiting strategic partners. In this role, you will be expected to develop an understanding of our product and our customers and build out our partner management team. You’ll also take a key role in working cross-functionally to determine our product integration offerings that are designed to meet the needs of our customers and partners.
The Director, Strategic Partnerships will:
- Prospect and build a qualified pipeline of strategic partners by assessing the market landscape and develop a strategy for prioritizing ideal partner candidates.
- Define frameworks for partner prioritization and KPIs to measure success.
- Work with key internal stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Growth) to identify, develop, and execute strategies that create deep and lasting partnerships.
- Pitch and sign new partners across multiple industries, including significant revenue deals.
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners – making Jobber a favoured company with which to partner.
- Recruit and manage a team of Partner Managers.
To be successful, you should:
- Have a resume of relevant experience in results-driven partnerships, business development or sales roles, with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales or revenue targets.
- We’re looking for someone to build out this department and function, so this person should have experience managing a team of Sales or Partner Managers.
- Be dynamic. You'll be both partner and product-minded, developing strong relationships with external partners, but also with our internal product teams.
- Be a strategic doer. You set big, ambitious goals for yourself, and then build a rock-solid strategy and tactical plan to help you get there. You also come with a playbook in your back pocket – you’ve developed a successful strategy before and want to do it again.
- Want to find solutions. If something isn’t going right, you’ll take care of it. Not every conversation will be the same, and you're quick at thinking on your feet.
- To have a strong and confident communication style. You have the ability to actively listen and consult with our partners and get a true understanding of who they are and what they need.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. You know how to multi-task with the best of them and can balance multiple projects at once while working at a hundred.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!