Do you have a passion for building high value events?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an Event Strategist to be part of our Community team in our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured on Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers and community.
In-office or remote:
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from growing awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
Jobber’s Community team works on programs and initiatives that grow awareness about Jobber, including Jobber Professional Development Day, our quarterly Home Service Economic Report, our new Boost by Jobber grant program, and so many other online and offline experiences we collaborate on with our community to pull off! The following areas fall under Community: ambassadors/influencers, events, social media, public relations, community programs, and communications.
Our Marketing department is extremely collaborative, so you’ll have the support of your colleagues from Demand Gen to the Jobber Creative Studio to make the magic happen.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Events, the Event Strategist will help build and execute on an event program that brings Jobber’s community of home service entrepreneurs together to learn and network.
The program includes a mix of online events, and in-person events and tradeshows in various locations across Canada and the U.S.
The Event Strategist will:
- Build awareness about Jobber. You’ll contribute to the reach and awareness of our brand through an event program that builds Jobber’s reputation as the leading supporter of home service entrepreneurs.
- Dig into the data. You’ll work with the Senior Manager, Events to measure, monitor, and report on the success of individual events and the event program overall, and use that data to make adjustments to future events to increase engagement.
- Identify and follow-through on every detail. From running across the tradeshow floor to confirm logistics, to working with our Marketing Ops team to ensure our registration tech is working properly, you know there is no job too big or too small to ensure event attendees have the best possible experience.
- Collaborate with other teams. Pulling off events requires buy-in and participation from multiple teams with competing priorities, so you’ll work closely with others on timelines and contributions. As well, in-person events in particular present other teams with the opportunity to get in front of a lot of community members at once, so you’ll be open to helping them benefit from these opportunities.
To be successful, you should have:
- 2+ years on the ground, event producing experience including:
- Tradeshow management, planning, and execution on behalf of a vendor
- Speaker and talent management, contract negotiation, and execution
- Virtual, hybrid, and in-person event planning and execution
- Field/experiential marketing planning and execution
- Great prioritization skills: When we’re kicking off an event and there are 100 items on the to-do list, you can independently determine which items to tackle first to best set the team and project up for success.
- Strong communication skills. You’ll be reaching out to and engaging with speakers, vendors, community members, and external event organizers, so being clear and direct with your communication is key.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to creatively solve problems. In the world of events and high-growth startups, things are always changing—we are looking for someone who can provide creative solutions to road blocks and new information.
- Solid customer service skills. Our Events team works directly with Jobber customers and potential customers, and we want to uphold the incredible customer service these folks experience with our Sales and Success teams during their event experience.
- Ambition and humility. While we’re asking you to build on what’s working, you don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
- The ability to travel. You must be able to execute on in-person events across Canada and the US, and potentially at international events in the future—which includes complying with the Federal Government’s domestic travel policy.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience building out and executing on sponsor opportunities.
- Certified Meeting Professional programme certification or related certification.
- Education in Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Business or related fields.
- Marketing or event experience for a SaaS company or tech startup.
- Experience working with project management platforms (i.e., Asana).
Please note: All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!