Do you want to be a leader in the Fintech space?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Finance Manager – Fintech to be part of our Strategic Finance team supporting everything fintech at Jobber.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Strategic Finance is all about owning the financial information highway that drives decision making at Jobber. The team works hand in hand with functional leaders in Marketing, Sales, Analytics and Product Development to not only build our financial forecast, but turn it into reality. We also work very closely with Jobber’s C-Suite to guide the business, deliver results to the board of directors, communicate with investors, and lead potential corporate development and strategic initiatives.
Fintech is one of the fastest-growing parts of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We're investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools within our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Whether it’s helping small businesses get paid using Jobber Payments, offering financing to their customers, or accessing capital to invest in growth – we believe small business owners should have seamless access to financial tools that allow them to thrive.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Strategy & Finance, the Finance Manager – Fintech will leverage their deep understanding of embedded payments and fintech, a high degree of financial acumen, and the ability to build relationships with both internal and external partners and stakeholders, to help drive the success of Jobber’s Fintech P&L. The successful candidate will own the financial planning efforts for the Fintech team, support capital raising, strategic investment, and other key finance initiatives.
In this role, you will be working with business, product, analytics, marketing, sales, and risk leaders in Fintech, as well as Jobber’s fintech partners (i.e. Stripe, Wisetack) to define and measure key metrics, question assumptions, and be the storyteller behind the numbers. Your insights and findings are leveraged to make and support important decisions on what we prioritize and how we allocate resources (time, money and people!).
The Finance Manager – Fintech will:
- Be a Finance leader for Jobber working closely with the rest of the finance and leadership team to formulate the company's annual planning and budgeting process, and three-year rolling financial plan for our fintech business;
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making by continually refining our forecasting approach, to make it as accurate and comprehensive as possible to our inform business planning process;
- Push the envelope of the maturity of Fintech at Jobber by building a deep understanding of payments unit economics, cost optimization, and performing returns analysis on new fintech opportunities for the business;
- Storyboard our success by supporting presentations to the Board of Directors, to the Executive team and to our outside business partners;
- Build and own relationships with external partners in payments (Stripe), consumer and business financing, insurance, and more to ensure high quality data, optimize performance, and drive results;
- Zoom out to align team strategy with company strategy and zoom in to ensure performance is tracking along expected lines.
To be successful, you should have:
- A deep understanding of payments unit economics and cost optimization levers, and/or Stripe reporting is a huge plus; ideally this experience comes from either a SaaS platform with an embedded payments business, or a payment processor itself;
- Prior work experience in financial and operational analysis;
- Prior strategic finance/FP&A, corporate development, consulting, investment banking, private equity, or venture capital experience or other analytically-driven roles;
- Experience with languages such as SQL, R and/or Python for manipulating large data sets are a plus, but not required.
The above experience will set you apart as a candidate and are the must-haves for this position. As well, the below traits characterize our team and can be demonstrated through personal or professional achievements.
- A curious mind and a growth mindset – you love to learn, build and refine your personal and professional capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability building and managing relationships on behalf of a business;
- A proactive drive to solve problems. You are capable of seeking information independently, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results;
- A strong and confident communication style. You have the ability to actively listen and consult with stakeholders, and you can take something complex and difficult and make it easy to digest;
- A preference towards working in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. We’re growing fast and things are changing every day.
Please note: All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options;
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential;
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family;
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet;
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!