Do you want to be a leader in the Fintech space?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Fintech Strategy and Operations Manager to be a part of our Fintech team, who are responsible for the financial tools embedded within our product.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere in Canada or the United States. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Fintech is one of the fastest-growing parts of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We're investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools within our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Whether it’s helping small businesses get paid, offering financing to their customers, or accessing capital to invest in growth – we believe small business owners should have seamless access to financial tools that allow them to thrive.
Reporting directly to the VP Payments and Fintech, the Fintech Strategy and Operations Manager will deepen Jobber’s ability to help each customer manage the financial side of their business. You’ll play a core strategic and operational role in growing our existing Fintech business, and bringing the next wave of financial tools and capabilities to market.
Ultimately – with a deep understanding of the financial needs of small businesses, strong business acumen, and the ability to build deep relationships with both internal and external partners and mobilize action – you’ll drive the Fintech P&L and have a measurable impact on the ability of small businesses to survive, become more profitable, and grow. You’ll work closely with product, engineering, analytics, marketing, sales, risk, legal and finance, as well as external partners such as Stripe.
The Fintech Strategy and Operations Manager will work closely with cross-functional partners to:
- Set the long-term business strategy for key business lines (e.g. lending), to provide increasing value to our customers and drive Jobber performance
- Launch new business lines and grow existing business lines, taking responsibility for ongoing performance. This will require the Business Lead to:
- Develop business cases, scope high impact initiatives and execute against these;
- Identify and build partner relationships;
- Design and implement new systems and processes across the company;
- Zoom out to align with and influence company strategy, and zoom in to drive week-to-week performance.
- Identify and execute against new opportunities.
To be successful, you should have:
- 4+ years of experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles, ideally a mix –
- Strategy experience – consulting, banking, private equity, venture capital, or other roles helping senior leaders make data-driven decisions, and
- Operating experience – identifying opportunities and mobilizing others to ultimately drive change and results, ideally at a rapidly scaling fintech company;
- Fintech / embedded finance experience. Ideally experience with financial products used by small businesses (e.g. payments, lending, insurance, banking, cards, payroll);
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage senior partner relationships on behalf of a business;
- Experience using languages such as SQL to manipulate large data sets is a plus, but not required.
- A curious mind and a growth mindset. You are a scrappy learner who can quickly become an expert and build new capabilities;
- A proactive drive to solve problems. You are capable of bringing structure to ambiguous problems, corralling resources, and delivering results;
- A strong and confident communication style. You have the ability to actively listen, and you can take something complex and difficult and make it easy to digest for any audience;
- A preference for working in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. We’re growing fast and things are changing every day.
Please note: All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options;
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential;
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family;
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet;
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!