Can you break the internet in all the right ways?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our growing Marketing team at our headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta, located in a historic building along Jasper Avenue, or our growing office in Toronto, Ontario, which is located in the King-West area. As one of Canada’s most dynamic start-ups, there are always new challenges and exciting projects on the go. So if you’re a person who thrives in an environment that moves at warp speed and likes supporting and empowering people to do their best work, we want to hear from you!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Front-End Web Developer will tie their abstract thinking with their technical skills to be a pillar of support within the Brand and Creative team and Marketing department. Reporting to the head of our Brand & Creative team, you’ll use your WordPress skills to build, update, and maintain our external marketing pages, collaborate with key stakeholders to understand success on our sites, and use your creativity to balance our analytical mindset.
The Front-End Web Developer will..
- Translate design mockups from Sketch into responsive HTML and CSS while adhering to best practices for UX, SEO, and accessibility.
- Tackle updating, improving, and maintaining our marketing WordPress sites (getjobber.com and academy.getjobber.com).
- Create microsites, email templates, web animations and interactive content.
- Follow brand and design guidelines and bring ideas to collaborative design brainstorms
- Provide technical implementation for A/B testing, tracking, and lead generation.
- Work with stakeholders on other squads to understand key data metrics.
- Be a brand champion by caring about the overall quality of the brand and the work that represents it.
In order to be successful, you will need…
- To collaborate and listen. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own, have no problem asking others “how can I help?” Or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships, and can take feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- To be a solid communicator. You’re adept at working with designers and clients to anticipate challenges, discussing the pros and cons of possible solutions, and deciding on a course of action as a group.
- To know how to juggle. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines.
- To be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had…
- A post-secondary degree….
- Experience with preprocessors and package managers (we use SCSS, Gulp, and NPM).
- Experience with SEO.
- A/B testing and data science experience
- Experience working with component systems and live style guides
(we use twig templates and KSS)
What you can expect from us…
- Extended health benefits package, fully paid premiums.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive salary.
- An inclusive environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and develop on a team within a high-growth environment.
A bit more about us…
At Jobber, we exist to help people in small business become more successful! We are a growing startup located in Edmonton, Alberta and we make software for businesses that are on the go, or mobile. Something that we’re pretty damn good at! Our team of 80+ dedicated employees strive for nothing short of excellence and support a product that touches businesses around the world and millions of people each year. www.getjobber.com
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.