Can you break the internet in all the right ways?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our Marketing team at our headquarters in Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON, at our office in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
A great brand should be consistent, authentic, relevant, and everywhere – and that’s the goal of our Brand and Creative team. Through mediums like our website, trade shows, messaging, visual style, voice and tone, marketing campaigns, video, radio, etc… we want to tell the world who we are, what we do, and why we do it in a way that aligns our values with our customers values. Branding is the magic that takes place when a person chooses a product outside of features and price, and our goal is to give people multiple reasons to choose Jobber.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand and Creative, the Front-End Web Developer will tie their abstract thinking with their technical skills to be a pillar of support within both their team and the Marketing department. You’ll use your skills to build, update, and maintain our external marketing pages, collaborate with key stakeholders to understand success on our sites, and use your creativity to balance our analytical mindset.
The Front-End Web Developer will:
- Translate design mockups from Sketch into responsive HTML and CSS while adhering to best practices for performance, UX, SEO, and accessibility.
- Tackle updating, improving, and maintaining our marketing WordPress sites (getjobber.com and academy.getjobber.com).
- Create microsites, web animations and interactive content.
- Follow brand and design guidelines and bring ideas to collaborative design brainstorms
- Work with stakeholders on other squads to understand key data metrics.
- Be a brand champion by caring about the overall quality of the brand and the work that represents it.
To be successful, you must have:
- To collaborate and listen. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own, have no problem asking others “how can I help?” Or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships, and can take feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- To be a solid communicator. You’re adept at working with designers and clients to anticipate challenges, discussing the pros and cons of possible solutions, and deciding on a course of action as a group.
- To know how to juggle. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines.
- To be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had…
- A post-secondary degree….
- Experience with SCSS, NPM, Node.js or ParcelJS.
- Experience with SEO.
- A/B testing and data science experience.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!