Can you break the internet in all the right ways?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Front-End Developer to join our Jobber Creative Studio team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
Drill down a little further and you’ll find the Jobber Creative Studio. Making big awesome things that get noticed, brand strategy, voice and tone, maintaining a consistent personality, and evolving a strong visual brand across Jobber are the tools we use to support Jobber in telling the world about who Jobber is and what we stand for.
Reporting to the Manager, Front-End Development, the Senior Front-End Developer will tie their abstract thinking with their technical skills to be a pillar of support within both their team and the Marketing department. You’ll use your skills to build, update, and maintain our external marketing pages, collaborate with key stakeholders to understand success on our sites, and use your creativity to balance our analytical mindset.
The Senior Front-End Developer will:..
- Translate design mockups from Figma into responsive HTML and CSS while adhering to best practices for performance, UX, SEO, and accessibility.
- Work with various stakeholders across Jobber to bring additional functionality to our marketing properties.
- Update our marketing sites (getjobber.com and academy.getjobber.com).
- Create microsites, web animations and interactive content.
- Follow brand and design guidelines and bring ideas to collaborative design brainstorms.
To be successful, you must have:
- To collaborate and listen. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own, have no problem asking others “how can I help?” Or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships, and can take feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- To be a solid communicator. You’re adept at working with designers and clients to anticipate challenges, discussing the pros and cons of possible solutions, and deciding on a course of action as a group.
- To know how to juggle. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines.
- To be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had…
- A post-secondary degree….
- Experience with SCSS, NPM, Node.js or ParcelJS.
- Experience with SEO.
- Experience with React
- Experience with developing custom WordPress themes and Gutenberg blocks.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!