Do you like the idea of supporting company-wide decisions?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our Business Technology team in our Business Operations (BizOps) department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Business Technology is the engineering team within Business Operations, our internal consulting department – they’re the decision support mechanism that connects data, business insights and an internal tech stack (systems) with the rest of the organization. In essence, BizOps is a central function that exists to drive business outcomes in all corners of Jobber’s ecosystem.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Technology, the Full Stack Engineer will work on our Business Technology team which develops internal software, integrations and data infrastructure. Our work unlocks improved operational outcomes, workflow efficiencies and new business insights across our organization. We help teams leverage data, tools and technology in order to successfully execute on their own mandates. We research, develop and maintain systems which support other internal teams from an operational and analytical perspective.
We’re looking for people who are ready for their next challenge, and want to use their experience to influence people, processes and decisions.
The Full Stack Engineer will
- Build the foundation of our growth. Leveraging a wide range of technologies and languages (Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, React.js…you get the idea), you’ll help ensure our tools, processes, and data are connected and flowing.
- Set up our internal teams for success. Support new and experimental processes throughout our ecosystem to bring best business practices to our customer facing teams. Help them get the most out of Salesforce, Zendesk and other tools by building, extending and automating integrations.
- Be a business accelerator. Developing solutions to remove redundancy in the business to be a force multiplier in its success. Speeding up external team workflows through relevant integrations and tooling.
- Participate in strategic planning. Collaborate with teammates and stakeholders to figure out the best solution to some of our most pressing challenges. Represent the strengths/weaknesses, costs and timeframes of the various options within the Scrum framework.
To be successful, you should have:
- 3+ years professional software development experience.
- A passion for solving problems with technology, and making decisions backed up by data.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in an Agile process.
- An understanding of designing, testing and iterating upon software architecture.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with both non-technical and technical team members.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- 1+ year of experience using Ruby on Rails in a production environment.
- Experience with Integrations, APIs and working within their limitations.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!