Do you want to build Fintech solutions for a trillion dollar market?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to be part of our Product Engineering team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our Product Engineering team is central to the success of Jobber – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1’s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
In this role, you’ll be part of our Fintech team. Fintech is a new and fast-growing part of Jobber. The Fintech team works to help small businesses get paid, manage their cash flow and grow faster. ‘Embedded fintech’ has been heralded as the next wave of fintech (e.g. see here and here) – we simply see it as another way for us to deeply support the businesses who use Jobber to power their operations. Fintech at Jobber began with the launch of Jobber Payments and will evolve quickly as additional financial products are launched.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Engineering, the Full Stack Engineer will collaborate with other Product Development members on a scrum team to build an industry leading product that helps our customers and their small businesses be successful. We’re looking for people who are ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, using their experience to influence both a product and our team, all the while still working on developing their own craft.
It’s important that you’re a champion of best practices for well-tested, scalable, and well-organized code. In addition, you customize and extend tools and processes to increase the effectiveness of your team, and mentor others to do the same.
The Full Stack Engineer will:
- Understand how and why our customers work the way they do, so you can develop and improve features in Jobber's online and mobile apps.
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Facilitate group discussions with team members and stakeholders to determine the best solution to our customer's problems
- Collaborate and be open to change – working with different stakeholders is important for this role
- Breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
To be successful, you should have:
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience, ideally in a SaaS or Fintech company
- Enthusiasm for delivering value early and often to customers – you'll be working in the full stack to accomplish this (both the frontend and backend)
- Proficiency in writing code in a few different languages
- Experience with RESTful APIs, GraphQL and front-end frameworks – direct experience in React is a major asset
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle in the Agile/Scrum framework
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience developing successful financial technology products – particularly in payments, fraud and risk management, lending, accounting or banking
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in a production environment
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, or even just a midday break in our full stocked kitchens.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!