Do you get excited about the idea of contributing to the growth of an innovative startup?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to be part of our Growth Team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Growth is a cross-functional team that optimizes the customer experience in our product and validates new business opportunities for Jobber through experimentation. The Growth team accelerates the broader mission for Jobber to help people in small businesses be successful.
Reporting to the Manager of Growth, the Full Stack Engineer will help amplify Jobber’s success by tying together product, data, and engineering to drive scalable, consistent, and measurable growth.Through your work with our Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams, you'll create great user experiences at scale and conduct experiments to discover what works, deploying to production multiple times a day.
The Full Stack Engineer will:
- Implement experiments across the customer lifecycle to test, evaluate new ideas and business opportunities
- Build product experiences to connect our users to value within Jobber
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth
- Identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive customer growth, retention, and engagement
- Drive end-to-end experimentation while collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to influence the product roadmap and strategic initiatives
To be successful, you should have:
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one programming language with previous experience in a team environment, ideally in a SaaS company.
- A sense of curiosity and a desire to continuously learn.
- A passion for solving problems by acquiring a deep understanding of product user behavior and business opportunities.
- A desire for collaborating with others and working as part of a team.
- An understanding of when progress is favoured over perfection in order to gain deeper understanding of our funnel.
- A shipping mentality. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- A scientific method to building products. You define your riskiest product hypotheses, and design experiments to validate or invalidate them.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and an understanding of software architecture.
- Strong communication skills, able to breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Technologies we use and teach (direct experience not required):
- React, GraphQL
- React Native, Ember.js
- AWS, Heroku, CircleCI
- Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Postgres, Microservices.
- Google Optimize, Amplitude, Segment.io.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!