Do you get excited about the idea of flexing your ’Engineering muscle’ to contribute to the growth of an innovative product and a supportive organization?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Growth Software Engineer to be part of our Growth Team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to experimenting and learning about users, Growth is your department. We are building an experimentation engine that consistently provides learnings to the business on how to successfully convert visitors and retain them over time.
Our experiments span from optimizations that have a huge impact on our business to innovations that change the way people learn about Jobber. In addition, Growth runs experiments tied to activation and monetization within our product to connect users to the value of Jobber at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
Reporting to the Manager, Growth Engineering, the Growth Software Engineer will collaborate with Design, Product and other Engineers on a Scrum team to help amplify Jobber’s success by tying together product, data, and engineering to drive scalable, consistent, and measurable growth.
Through your work with our Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams, you'll create great user experiences at scale and conduct experiments to discover what works; deploying to production multiple times a day.
The Growth Software Engineer will get opportunities to:
- Implement experiments (A/B Tests) across the customer lifecycle to evaluate new ideas and business opportunities
- Build product experiences to connect our users to value within Jobber
- Contribute towards building a robust and dependable experimentation ‘engine’ that will enable efficient experimentation and generate quick learnings
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth
- Identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive customer growth, retention, and engagement
- Drive end-to-end experimentation while collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to influence the product roadmap and strategic initiatives
- Breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
To be successful, you should have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated software engineering experience with previous experience in a team environment, ideally in a SaaS company
- Enthusiasm for delivering value early and often to customers – you'll be working in the full stack to accomplish this (both the frontend and backend).
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle in an Agile framework, and an understanding of good software architecture principles.
- Confidence in the quality of code submitted so progress can be favored over perfection when needing to move fast to gain a deeper understanding of our funnel.
- A passion for solving problems by acquiring a deep understanding of product user behavior and business opportunities.
- The ability to juggle and prioritize. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines.
- Strong collaboration skills. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own, have no problem asking others “how can I help?” Or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships, and can take feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- Solid communication skills. You’re adept at working with designers and clients to anticipate challenges, discussing the pros and cons of possible solutions, and deciding on a course of action as a group.
- Ambition while being humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
Some of the technologies we use and teach (direct experience not required):
- React, GraphQL
- React Native, Ember.js
- Ruby on Rails, Node.js, CoffeeScript, Postgres, Microservices.
- AWS, CircleCI, GitHub
- Google Optimize, Amplitude, Segment.io.
Please note: All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!