Do you get excited about the idea of contributing to the growth of an innovative startup?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Growth Manager to be part of our Growth department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Growth is a cross-functional team that optimizes the customer experience in our product and validates new business opportunities for Jobber through experimentation. The Growth team accelerates the broader mission for Jobber to help people in small businesses be successful.
Reporting to the Manager, Growth, the Growth Manager will contribute to the strategy for how we connect users to the existing value of our software. You will identify key input metrics that allow us to acquire, activate, retain, and expand a user. Once identified, you will build out hypotheses that look to improve these metrics and deliver experiments to validate our changes.
You will drive a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to accelerate our growth. The role will have you managing the backlog, running experiments, delivering clear and concise communication cross-functionally early and often.
Through your work with our Sales, Marketing, Success, and Product Development teams, you'll create great user experiences at scale and conduct experiments to discover what works.
The Growth Manager will:
- Implement experiments that evaluate new ideas and business opportunities
- Navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data
- Build a deep understanding of our growth model
- Establish and own a variety of metrics related to product-led growth.
- Build dashboards, plan and execute experiments, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to assess the impact of what you ship, and inform what we do next
- Partner with other departments across the company (e.g. Lifecycle Marketing, Sales, Success, Product Development, and more) to build compliant, efficient, and industry-leading experiences
- Work closely with product design to create simple, smart, and inspiring user-experiences that reflect the needs of our customers – functional, educational, emotional, and otherwise
- Help elevate the Growth practice at Jobber and create an inclusive and supportive team culture
The Growth Manager is:
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team
- An excellent communicator and convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly
- Naturally collaborative and empathetic. You're comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization and make sure every voice is heard
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use
- Curious and inquisitive. You ask “why?” a lot
To be successful, you should have:
- A track record of building and shipping experiences that customers love. You’ve owned large parts of an offering and are comfortable leading cross-functional teams
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate
- A knack for being data-driven. You’re extremely comfortable defining a limited set of the right metrics, evaluating data to tease out insights, digging deeper into high-level metrics to find the source of an issue, and demonstrating good judgment in knowing when leveraging data is valuable or not
- A scientific method to building products. You define your riskiest product hypotheses, and design experiments to validate or invalidate them
It would be nice (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- Experience with funnel optimization and/or growth
- Comfortable with SQL
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!