Do you have a passion for automation and building clever IT systems?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an IT Systems Administrator to be part of our Operations team!
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The IT team is one of the most cross-functional teams here at Jobber. We’re focused on building systems, offices, and processes that scale as we transform our industry.
Our guiding mission is to support our entire team through the use of technology and supreme customer service. We need to make sure all our systems stay ahead of the curve and we’re always building better ways for our employees to do their best work. This applies to you as well – through dedicated feedback, continuous 1:1’s, and endless learning opportunities, we want to accelerate your career too!
Reporting to the Manager, IT, as the IT Systems Administrator you recognize the advantage of using code to solve problems and repetitive tasks. You’ll be building integrations and automated systems between our internal IT and security tooling. Sometimes we can’t always find a solution that fits, that’s where you come in to build one with the team. You’ll also be collaborating with team members on ticket escalations, mentoring, and researching new tools.
The IT Systems Administrator will:
- Identifying opportunities for automation, and building out solutions using a combination of custom code and our IT tool stack.
- Experience with onboarding and maintaining an identity provider service
- Collaborating with our teams to identify gaps in their workflow to reduce operational tasks.
- Help with escalated tickets from our team.
- Think outside the traditional legacy IT ways of doing things, we’re building everything to scale.
- Assist in researching and deploying new tools or platforms.
To be successful, you should have:
- Experience in a Systems Admin role in a Mac OS environment.
- Familiarity with common SaaS applications such as Google Workplace, Slack, Atlassian, etc.
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management best practices
- Experience in cloud providers and architecture such as AWS or GCP.
- Mac OS Deployment and management tooling Jamf, AutoPKG, OsQuery
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- Experience building automation related to Identity and Access Management
- SOAR best practice knowledge
- Experience with using Meraki Switching/Wireless or Fortigate Firewalls
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, and a snack box to help support those coffee breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!