Have you always dreamed of combating fraudsters?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Lead Risk Analyst to join our Finance department at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON, at our office in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Lead Risk Analyst will be responsible for building out a strategy to build sustainable growth and leading day-to-day operations for our Payments services. The Risk function will identify fraud, mitigate risk and ensure compliance for all Jobber Payments customers to protect our bottom line.
The Lead Risk Analyst will:
- Perform risk evaluations of Jobber Payments customers by reviewing documentation, using 3rd party sources and completing online research.
- Automate processes to ensure we’re getting information accurately, while focusing on efficiency. For example, you’ll develop and maintain a collections process for delinquent accounts.
- Analyzing merchant events and actions to contribute to the development of fraud detection systems to make sure we’re setting the appropriate controls in response.
- Work with our customers to minimize merchant loss by proactively assisting them with fraud and dispute avoidance.
- Perform complex fraud investigations to detect and uncover fraud instances and possible fraud rings.
To be successful, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in financial transactions processing or analysis, with a direct focus on risk and fraud.
- Previous experience detecting card-not-present fraud, bonus points if your experience is with Stripe.
- Experience in risk evaluation, underwriting, collections, and fraud detection.
- An analytical mindset. We’re looking for someone who can come in and review cardholder transactions for signs of fraud or abnormalities, and see trends in the numbers. You’ll be working with SQL and Radar, so it’s important to have those analytical skills in your toolbox.
- Clear communication skills. You’ll be dealing with multiple stakeholders in the company – from BizOps to Customer Success – as well as with customers, so being able to translate your ideas and findings clearly will be important.
- The ability to embrace ambiguity. We don’t know what we don’t know, so you should be comfortable coming in and setting up process.
What you can expect from your team:
The Finance team at Jobber is responsible for anything money related to better help plan, budget, protect, and implement Jobber’s best ideas. You’ll have regular 1:1’s with your manager which focus on performance, coaching, and long-term development, with consistent feedback on how you can continue to grow.
For this particular role, you’ll work alongside our current Risk Analyst to help grow and expand this position, while setting the direction for risk and fraud management at Jobber.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!