Does your definition of success mean empowering others?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Manager, Customer Support to be part of our Customer Success department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Success team collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to bring our company values to life for our customers. By embodying our values of being humble, supportive, and truly giving a sh*t, the Success team ensures that all our customers can be successful in Jobber.
Working with our Customer Support team, working with our frontline Jobberinos in ensuring our customers get the answers and support they need as fast as possible. Whether by phone, live chat, or email, this team is on standby waiting to explain the newest feature, help with functionality and custom workflows, or happy to accept feedback.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Support, the Manager, Customer Support you will work to empower your rapidly growing team and directly impact the development of our processes as we continue to scale. We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of being a strong voice for our customers, improving our customer experience and establishing coaching techniques in a high volume customer support environment. You will lead by example, by becoming an expert in our product and creating an environment that thrives on feedback and continuous improvement.
The Manager, Customer Support will:
- Manage an initial team of 6+ individuals and optimize results through effective performance management planning. This includes (but not limited to) 1:1’s, “real-time” coaching, documented career plans and any other creative programs you think will be impactful. In order to be successful, our employees need to clearly understand how to get there.
- Collaborate with other leaders and departments at Jobber (Sales, Product, Marketing) to ensure that the team can provide informed and proactive support in accordance with all campaigns, product launches and customer initiatives.
- Drive and encourage feedback loops to help amplify a customer support environment focused on the needs of the customer and rooted in empathy.
- Be incredibly reliable for our customers by utilizing strong communication skills to communicate with multiple stakeholders when things might not be going how they expected.
- To be agile and adaptable in a very fast-paced environment. We’re growing fast and things are changing every day – what worked yesterday might not anymore. You need to be invigorated by this type of environment, and be excited by a new challenge.
- Strive for execution excellence through the optimization of our platforms/tools.
- Analyse, communicate, re-communicate (and maybe even obsess a bit) over success metrics and forecasting to coach, scale, and provide quality service from every team member.
- Recruit, onboard and optimize success training to reduce ramp-up time for new hires.
- Become an ambassador of our culture by being humble, supportive – and someone who truly gives a shit!
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Previous customer success experience working as a Product Specialist/Customer Success Representative/Onboarding Specialist in a high volume or SaaS environment.
- It would be great (but not a deal-breaker) if you have previous team lead or management experience.
- A track record of ambitious career growth, exceptional customer support and the ability to motivate others to do the same.
- A strong understanding of Salesforce/Zendesk/Intercom/excel spreadsheets or a combination, and any other methodology of getting the data you need to be successful.
- To think big, yet manage the details. You can see the big picture, but are also laser focused on delivery and execution.
- Next level communication and relationship building abilities. We move fast, which means you’ll need to build a high degree of trust with peers and key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and articulate strategic ideas with executives and deliver on high-level concepts.
- An incredible passion for our customer and a connection to our purpose – to help small businesses be more successful.
Please note: to better support our team, this position will be a Monday to Friday, 11:00 am MST to 8:00 pm MST position.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!