Are you ready to grow your career by leading an amazing group of people?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Manager, Expansion Sales to be part of our Sales department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our Sales team gains an understanding of who our customers are, what their businesses do, and how Jobber can help them succeed, to turn leads into advocates.
They all have an incredible passion for sales, our customer, and a connection to our purpose. This team is focused on delivering on the promise to make small businesses more successful, and they celebrate, motivate, and challenge each other daily. They also want to see each other be successful, through regular 1:1’s which focus on performance, coaching, and long-term development, and consistent feedback on how you can continue to grow.
The Expansion team collaborates with Jobber’s customers to gain an understanding of their current needs, goals, and challenges and provides recommendations on additional Jobber products and features that can help them succeed, to turn customers into promoters.
Reporting to the VP, Sales, the Manager, Expansion Sales will have the unique opportunity to motivate and coach a rapidly growing team of ambitious sales representatives and directly impact the growth and development of our sales process. We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of relationship building, and will help improve our customer experience and establish best-practice coaching techniques in a high volume sales environment. You prefer to lead by example and do so by becoming an expert on our product and a strong voice for our customer.
The Manager, Expansion Sales will:
- Manage an initial team of 6+ and optimize results through effective performance management planning. This includes (but not limited to) 1:1’s, “real-time” coaching, documented career plans and any other creative programs you think will be impactful. In order to be successful, our employees need to clearly understand how to get there.
- Lead weekly meetings and provide updates on monthly/quarterly targets (as well as other key metrics) and highlight opportunities for improvement. You’ll enhance our sales culture that values feedback and is highly data-driven.
- Collaborate with other leaders and departments at Jobber (Marketing, Success, Product) to ensure all campaigns, product launches and customer initiatives are rolled-out effectively, with focus and a high-degree of alignment.
- Utilize previous experience to continue building a “winning” sales process that meets the needs of the small, mobile services business owner.
- Drive and encourage feedback loops to help amplify a sales environment focused on the customer and rooted in empathy.
- Analyse, communicate, re-communicate (and maybe even obsess a bit) over sales metrics and forecasting to understand if initiatives or programs are successful.
- Recruit, onboard and execute sales training to reduce ramp-up time for new hires.
- Become an ambassador of our culture by being humble, supportive – and someone who truly gives a shit!
To be successful, you’ll need:
- 3+ years of sales management or team-lead experience.
- Extensive experience working as a sales consultant/executive/account manager in a high volume, short cycle, B2B environment.
- A track record of ambitious career growth, exceeding targets and being able to motivate others to do the same.
- A strong understanding of Salesforce, excel spreadsheets and any other methodology of getting the data you need to be successful.
- To think big, yet manage the details. You can see the big picture, but are also laser focused on delivery and execution.
- A commitment and focus to coaching and development. The ability to identify strengths and opportunities in your team and understand how to best approach conversations around performance and professional development is important.
- Next level communication and relationship building abilities. We move fast, which means you’ll need to build a high degree of trust with peers and key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and articulate strategic ideas with executives and deliver on high-level concepts.
- An incredible passion for sales, our customer and a connection to our purpose – to help small businesses be more successful.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!