Do you want to inspire and manage a team of product managers?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Manager of Product Operations to be part of our Product department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada (excluding Quebec). We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The Product Management team drives product strategy to ensure we are delivering the right things at the right time to our users. Working closely with cross-department teams, we research, explore, validate, ship, and measure problems and opportunities that drive user value and company impact.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Product Management, the Manager of Product Operations will primarily manage our newly created Product Operations team and assist with accelerating the discipline of Product Management forward. It's a highly collaborative role that will require you to work closely with many stakeholders across Jobber.
This role will also expand to managing Product Managers when we achieve a state of high process efficiency.
The Manager of Product Operations will:
- Manage and grow a team of Product Operations Specialists and Product Managers with varying levels of experience and backgrounds.
- Advocate and help establish great Product Management practices with other departments and disciplines – driving the discipline forward.
- Partner and collaborate with leadership in Product Design and Product Engineering to drive forward product vision and strategy.
- Evolve management processes and frameworks to deliver a great user experience.
- Balance coaching, feedback, and mentorship of your team to get better at their craft and achieve their career ambitions.
- Work with other product leaders to communicate clear ideas and vision to Jobber’s Executive team.
- Help drive large scale initiatives with high change management.
To be successful, you should have:
- Experience managing people in an always-changing and often quick growth environment.
- An ability to give feedback and advice or steer individuals in the right direction based on business and user goals.
- A history in balancing quantitative and qualitative research in decision making.
- Experience in SaaS business and an understanding of the basic SaaS metrics that lead to business success.
- The desire to learn about, and the ability to have empathy for other disciplines outside of management.
- Basic understanding of management systems and their opportunities and challenges.
- Past experience in product or digital management at scale, understanding the end-to-end process and artifacts that come out of the journey.
- It would be fantastic (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Past startup experience, specifically in an organization that experienced fast-paced growth.
- Past experience in working with or managing a Product Operations team.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!