Are you passionate about using data to drive impactful product decisions?
We’re looking for a Manager, Product Analytics to be part of our Business Analytics team.
Business Analytics is part of the Business Operations team, our internal consulting team – they’re the decision support mechanism that connects data, business insights and an internal tech stack (systems) with the rest of the organization. In essence, Business Analytics is a central function that exists to drive business outcomes in all corners of Jobber’s ecosystem.
Reporting to the Director, Business Analytics, the Manager, Product Analytics will lead product analytics function within Jobber and champion all analytical initiatives designed to advance Jobber’ subscription product capabilities (desktop & Mobile App), user experience and product marketing strategy. The purpose of the role is to ensure that Product Development, Experimentation and Product Marketing teams have all the information they need to make design, experience and GTM decisions that drive success of the Jobber product in the market, as well as measure the success of those initiatives.
The Manager, Product Analytics will:
- Manage & oversee the work of Product Analytics team through stakeholder relationship management, defining project’ scope of work, project prioritization & allocation, and ongoing people leadership & mentorship
- Be a thought partner to the stakeholder teams by proactively proposing analytical solutions and data insights that drive improvement in product functionality, user experience, pricing and other product development and / or marketing decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their business objectives, translate business objectives into proposed solutions (e.g. analysis, KPIs, BI, Data Science)) and solicalise the proposals to ensure stakeholder’ alignment & buy-in
- Perform (hands-on) analysis to drive insights, and inform business recommendations or marketing / PR content
- Provide BI & Data team with requirements for product analytics data, reports and dashboards
- Collaborate with Data Science team on ML / AI developments supporting Product Analytics, GTM Marketing strategy and development of automated A/B testing capabilities
- Advocate and propagate philosophy of impact-based opportunity assessment and quantify the impact assessment of all new ideas for product and experience’ improvement
- Support experimentation initiatives by providing requirements for A/B design and executing success measurement and quantification
To be successful, you should have:
- Deep, hands-on experience creating and delivering custom analytics for SaaS product development
- Experience leading and growing a team of analysts
- Expert-level SQL programming skills
- Solid understanding of complex relational data structures
- Data Science experience and Python are an asset
- Experience in designing & productionalizing user-friendly product usage data is an asset
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, ability to see how the big picture and weigh pros and cons of different options
- Analytical creativity and flexibility
- Ability to design solutions under data & time constraints
You should also:
- Be proactive and relentless. You are comfortable seeking information independently, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results.
- To have a strong and confident communication style. You have the ability to actively listen, empathize and consult with stakeholders, and you can take something complex and difficult and make it easy to digest.
- Be comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. We’re growing fast and things are changing every day – what worked yesterday might not anymore.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!