Are you as passionate about the development of people as you are about product?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Manager, Software Engineering to be part of our Software Engineering department.
At Jobber, we don’t just build a product – we work on real problems that help people in small businesses to become successful. We are inspired by our company values: be humble, be supportive and give a shit, which are not just said but are lived. We work in a collaborative environment where teams make decisions with autonomy and contribute directly to shaping the company’s future. We release early and often while dedicating time to address technical debt. We believe in getting instant feedback from our customers and leveraging that to make their lives easier.
We help employees grow professionally; we have a ton of onboarding resources, tutorials, hackathons and buddies to support learnings and provide opportunities to innovate. We have a range of experience levels on teams which allow for mentor/mentee opportunities. Leaders at Jobber work with empathy and support employees to build a healthy work-life harmony. Bring your dedication and passion to this job to fulfill your goals.
Our Software Engineering team is central to Jobber’s success – focused on creating software that delivers value to hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As a leader in this area, you’ll manage a scrum team focused on a specific area of our product. You’ll support and develop your team, adapting it to changes, while rolling up your sleeves to work on problems with them.
Reporting to a Senior Manager, Software Engineering, the Manager, Software Engineering will work with members of your team to support and develop their skills and career, as we work together to empower small businesses. You’ll manage one of our scrum teams, which cover core areas of the product.
The Manager, Software Engineering will:
- Live and breathe performance facilitation. You want to work with your team(s) to help them master their individual crafts, while also collaborating to build extraordinary infrastructure and systems.
- Be committed to the success of your people. You will help them set goals, have regular 1-on-1s, and provide constructive feedback and coaching to ensure your team's success. You’ll work to understand employees’ career direction and work to empower their journey by acting as a mentor and coach.
- Develop a world-class team alongside a world-class product. You’ll participate in recruiting events and the hiring process while also working to level up your internal team, while implementing new processes, all to develop a world-class Product Engineering department.
- Remove roadblocks and build guardrails. You’ll work with the other leaders to create and maintain an environment where people can rapidly produce top-quality work that ultimately helps our customers be successful.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders across the business. Whether it’s our Design and Management teams within Product, or our Business Technology and Growth teams, you’re working closely with other Jobberinos to find the best solutions in Jobber for small businesses.
To be successful, you should have:
- Experience as a Software Engineer in a leadership position with a track record of success in guiding a team in the delivery of quality software.
- Previous experience leading change, and delivering on company vision.
- The ability to be agile in an agile environment. You’ll need to be able to lead and teach your team to adapt to change, while also thinking critically and creatively to find answers to problems.
- Effective communication. Being transparent with your team and establishing an open dialogue will be a key to success in supporting your coaching conversations and discussions.
- Collaboration down to an art. You’ll work with your direct reports or other teams to understand what they want to accomplish and develop a plan to achieve it.
- To be a leader and mentor. You’ll bring your shared experience into conversations to influence and provide constructive feedback to direct reports throughout the journey to ensure goals are being met and exceeded
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, and a snack box to help support those coffee breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!