Does driving value for one of Canada’s leading softwares excite you?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Manager, Product Marketing to be part of our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Product Marketing team focuses on the value that Jobber delivers to new and existing customers. Working closely with key stakeholders in other departments, they drive pricing, packaging, positioning and messaging, product launches, market research, competitive intelligence, and other initiatives that push our brand and business forward.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the Manager, Product Marketing will:
- Lead Product Go-to-Market Strategy. You’ll use your understanding of the customer to build holistic go-to-market strategies alongside your team, including compelling narratives that communicate Jobber’s key value propositions. You'll work closely with teams across Jobber to execute with excellence, and you’ll manage your annual roadmap to achieve your vision.
- Build A Vision. You’ll work closely with teams across Jobber to identify new opportunities and shape emerging product strategy.
- Support The Team. You’ll manage a team of high-performing Product Marketers, and help them develop and grow. You’ll also be a part of the Product Marketing leadership team, and contribute to building a world-class department, including establishing a go-to-market process.
- Define Success and Drive Impact. You’ll help define growth and product engagement success criteria. You’ll work with your team to measure the impact of their Product Marketing efforts and identify new areas of opportunity.
- Be a strong partner. Collaborate with leaders across Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales, and Success to identify and drive action against opportunities to enable and support their success.
To be successful, you should have:
- Marketing experience leading complex marketing strategy development and cross-functional execution in a B2B SaaS environment;
- Product Marketing experience, and are not afraid of positioning an industry-leading product to different users, markets, and segments;
- People Leader experience. You’re someone who wants to take your previous experience and help develop other Product Marketers. You’re comfortable in sharing your success stories, talking about your failures, and teaching others the key skills for the role.
- A strategic drive and mindset. You’re a strategic thinker and operate on a level that turns your ambitious goals into visuals of new market opportunities and have considerable experience influencing cross-functional stakeholders at the senior leadership level.
- Solid communication skills. You're passionate about sharing the story behind your work, and can effectively tell that story in ways that'll resonate with the Jobber team, new customers, current customers, partners, and influencers.
- A customer first approach. Whether it’s current customers in Jobber’s ecosystem or new market and channel opportunities, you have a passion to communicate with, learn about, and serve Jobber customers around the world. Delivering extraordinary customer experiences is in your DNA.
- Comfort in the grey areas. You’re adaptable and can deal with ambiguity and changing (& growing) priorities, with an eye for prioritization.
- The ability to collaborate and listen. You value relationship-building and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to help clear roadblocks, and genuinely want to understand the opinions of others in order to incorporate it into your strategies.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!