Do you have a passion for building a positive work environment?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an Office Experience Manager to be part of our People department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
The People team at Jobber builds an environment where the very best people can do amazing work. Whether it is your first point of contact with one of our recruiters, engaging in our custom onboarding program, or reaching out to one of our business partners, the People team is here to help you be successful.
The Employee Experience team is responsible for ensuring employees, whether they are located in our offices in Edmonton or Toronto, or remote throughout Canada, have a best in class experience. This team is often one of the first points of contact for a variety of needs and requests and are considered our swiss army knives of getting things done.
Reporting to our Manager, Employee Experience, the Office Experience Manager will play a vital role in managing the day-to-day at our Jobber office in Edmonton, while supporting a diverse set of initiatives which allow our team to function successfully. This is a great role for someone looking to move into a dynamic startup community and tie their organizational skills with their passion for people to create a positive work environment and support an excellent employee experience.
As the Office Experience Manager, you will:
- Manage the daily operations of our Edmonton office, making sure our office is clean, organized, and an engaging place for people to do their best work.
- Be the point person for: interacting with visitors, maintaining our facilities, ordering supplies and equipment, and other office operations and procedures.
- Own the in office employee experience for those working from our Edmonton office space.
- Execute on multiple aspects of our office management strategy, which includes managing our hot desk, hoteling, and visitor management systems.
- Understand the importance of a well-oiled office space, and proactively troubleshoot issues related to its successful operation.
- Be the navigator for new and existing employees as they are oriented to our new hybrid office space in downtown Edmonton.
- Flex your event coordination skills by spearheading planning and logistics for team and office events that will have both in person and virtual components.
- Document and keep up to date guides and program documents related to office, employee experience, health/safety, and other People needs.
- Support the employee experience team in creating a world class virtual experience for our remote employees, including answering questions and potentially coordinating onboarding.
To be successful, you should have:
- To collaborate, listen, and respond to feedback. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own, have no problem asking others “how can I help?” Or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships, and can take feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- To be a solid communicator. You’re adept at working with different folks at Jobber or the public to anticipate challenges, evaluate options and solutions, and take action when necessary. You know that different folks communicate in different ways and can adapt to the situation as needed.
- To know how to juggle. We’re one of Canada’s fastest growing start-ups, and with that comes change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines. Things change quickly and you adapt, roll up your sleeves, and focus on solutions
- To be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
Please note: You must have the ability to attend the office as needed during the office closure to organize shipments, receive drop-offs etc. Once the office reopens you will be required to be in the office full time.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!