Do you have a passion for building a positive work environment?
Then we have the perfect role for you!
We’re looking for an Office Experience Manager to join the Employee Experience team and contribute to building a world class employee journey at Jobber.
Jobber exists to help people in small business be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
The People team at Jobber builds an environment where the very best people can do amazing work. Whether it is your first point of contact with one of our recruiters, engaging in our custom onboarding program, or reaching out to one of our business partners, the People team is here to help you be successful. While humble in their approach, the People team has been recognized as Finalists for “Top HR Team” at the Canadian HR Awards in both 2021 and 2020.
The Employee Experience team is responsible for ensuring employees have a best-in-class experience in our hybrid work environment. This team is often one of the first points of contact for a variety of needs and requests, and it is considered our swiss army knife of getting things done.
Reporting to our Manager, Employee Experience, the Office Experience Manager will lead the day-to-day operations at our Jobber office in Toronto, while also playing a vital role in supporting a number of team initiatives. This position is a great fit for someone looking to move into a fast growing and dynamic startup, where they can flex their organizational skills while utilizing a passion for people. This position will have a significant impact in creating and maintaining a positive employee experience for all Jobberinos..
As the Office Experience Manager, you will:
- Own the in-office employee experience for those working from our Toronto office space. This includes managing the office daily operations, keeping a clean and organized workplace, and developing and executing in-person engagement activities.
- Be the point person for: assisting the Executive team, interacting with visitors, maintaining our facilities, ordering supplies and equipment, and other office operations and procedures.
- Execute on multiple aspects of our office management strategy, which includes managing our desk hoteling software and visitor management systems.
- Understand the importance of a well-oiled office space by proactively troubleshooting issues related to its successful operation.
- Be the navigator for new and existing employees as they explore our new hybrid office space in downtown Toronto. This includes providing office tours, facilitating employee connectivity in the office, and providing employees with the resources they need.
- Flex your event coordination skills by spearheading and planning events that will have both, in-person and virtual components.
- Document and keep up-to-date guides and program documents related to office, employee experience, health and safety, and others.
- Support the Employee Experience team in creating a world class virtual experience for our remote employees. This includes assisting with onboarding new hires, researching and implementing new tools, and planning and executing company-wide virtual events.
To be successful, you should be able to:
- Collaborate, listen, and respond to feedback. You’re supportive and open to opinions outside of your own. Have no problem asking others “how can I help?” or “can I get help?” to clear roadblocks and build relationships. You encourage feedback and incorporate it to make your work even better.
- Be a solid communicator. You’re adept at working with different folks at Jobber or the general public to anticipate challenges, evaluate options and solutions, and take action when necessary. You know that different folks communicate in different ways and can adapt to the situation as needed.
- Know how to juggle. We’re one of Canada’s fastest growing start-ups, and with that comes change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines. Things change quickly and you adapt, roll up your sleeves, and focus on solutions.
- Be ambitious and humble. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
Note: Currently, our offices are closed and this role will primarily be remote. However, we may need you to attend the office as needed during the office closure to organize shipments, receive drop-offs, or other ad hoc duties so you must live within commuting distance of downtown Toronto. Once the office reopens, you will be required to be in the office full time.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us!
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!