Are you the kind of person who makes a great first impression?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Partnerships Sales Development Representative to be part of our Sales department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Sales department gains an understanding of who our customers are, what their businesses do, and how Jobber can help them succeed, to turn leads into advocates. They all have an incredible passion for sales, our customer, and a connection to our purpose. This team is focused on delivering on the promise to make small businesses more successful, and they celebrate, motivate, and challenge each other daily.
The Partnerships team plays a strong role in developing partnerships across a variety of mediums and areas, with an emphasis on scalability and driving new revenue streams. They focus on the strategy, scouting, acquisition, negotiations, on-boarding, and on-going engagements for all partners within this hugely important category.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Partnerships, the Partnerships Sales Development Representative will play a significant role in developing relationships and trust with home service-based franchises across the world in our journey to power the world of mobile services. Our sales process is hugely consultative, and helping the customers understand the value and efficiency Jobber could provide their organization is paramount. You will be contacting multi-million dollar organizations that have (in some cases) hundreds of franchisees, so being polished and understanding how Jobber works with franchises will be key to success in this role.
The Partnerships Sales Development Representative will:
- Generate leads using a number of different outbound sales methods
- Generate lists of current service based franchise locations in main Jobber demographics
- Introduce Jobber to the correct decision makers in these franchises networks and set up introductory meetings for the Partnership Manager
- Maintain pipeline and diligent notes in Salesforce
- Be an expert in the Home-Services Franchise industry (who’s growing, market trends, most valued features in a platform, etc.)
To be successful, you should have:
- A scrappy mentality – willing to come up with creative solutions in order to get the right people's attention.
- Drive and tenacity for hitting targets. In sales, not every customer will say yes or be interested in what you have to say. You should be motivated to consistently achieve results by hitting and surpassing your targets. Consistency is key.
- The ability to collaborate. You must establish strong relationships quickly and work with the Sales team to understand what is and isn’t working.
- The ability to adapt and pivot. We’re an agile company and we need people who are able to pivot and change directions when required.
- To be a strong and confident communicator. You have the ability to actively listen and converse with our customers, and get a true understanding of who they are and what they need.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!