Want to make a statement with your career that’s not just financial?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to be part of our Finance department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The Finance team at Jobber is responsible for anything money related to better help plan, budget, and implement Jobber’s best ideas.
Reporting to our Controller, the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is an administrative support role and will be responsible for supporting the payroll and benefits administration function in a timely and accurate manner. The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will work closely with the Payroll Specialist as well as the People Team.
The main duties include:
- Administer employee health benefits & employee RRSP program
- Assist with payroll preparation including on/offboarding and other adjustments, commission and bonus payouts
- Assist with payroll year-end including T4 & T2200 issuance
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will:
- Be detail oriented and efficient. We pay our employees on time and the right amount and ensure benefits are on-boarded as expected.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Educate internal stakeholders on processes, communicate with external organizations that manage our benefits.
- Be a self starter. You’re used to moving fast and taking the reigns to ensure things get done. You work well in an ambiguous environment and are not afraid to seek out answers on your own when you have questions…while keeping your team informed along the way
- Be the ultimate process improver. You’ll be part of a new software implementation and helping in identifying, developing and implementing the most efficient and effective new processes.
To be successful, you should have:
- 1 + year of payroll and/or benefits administration experience
- A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Next level communication and relationship building abilities. We move fast, which means you’ll need to build a high degree of trust with peers and key stakeholders.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Have a PCP certification or working towards one
- Have previously worked for a software company
- Are experienced in Hibob or ADP workforce now
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
- We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!