If you see a problem, do you have the need to solve it?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Product Manager to be part of our Product Management team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The Product Manager team drives product strategy to ensure we are delivering the right things at the right time to our users. Working closely with cross-department teams, we research, explore, validate, ship, and measure problems and opportunities that drive user value and company impact.
As a Product Manager at Jobber, you will balance quantitative and qualitative research to deeply understand both the overall market conditions and our customers’ problems, to ensure we are executing on the highest priority initiatives. You will collaborate with cross-department teams to help guide the success of the Jobber product, utilize data and consumer research to understand and validate top priorities, conceptualize a strategy, work to execute with a team of developers and designers and then measure success. You will be a motivator for your team, and keep them engaged and excited about finding and developing solutions to empower mobile small businesses.
The Product Manager will:
- Take on the full responsibilities of a Scrum Team Product Owner. This includes executing the product management workflow, backlog management (writing and prioritizing Epics and Stories), Scrum events (Sprint Planning, Sprints, Scrums, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives), estimation and testing.
- Understand the user experience through qualitative and quantitative research. In order to understand the customers, you’ll have to take large amounts of data points, research, and feedback and distill it down to what is truly important. Our customers are the life-blood of our product, and understanding their problem areas within Jobber will inform strategic decisions and solutions, and shape the product experiences.
- Be responsible for product vision and strategy. You will own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. By understanding the connections between people’s day-to-day work, the overall product vision, and customers’ needs, you can prioritize building what matters to achieve the products’ strategic goals and initiatives.
- Deliver features that make an impact on customers. You’ll take feedback and prioritize features by ranking them against strategic goals and initiatives.
- Build a plan, implement, and then measure success. You’ll be responsible for a timeline for implementation of new ideas, and then defining the release process and coordinating all activities to bring this to market. Once implemented, you will help determine what success looks like for the solutions you help build, measuring that success, and keeping stakeholders informed of that progress so that your team can make iterative decisions based on results.
To be successful, you should have:
- 3+ years of previous, product manager, product owner, project management, marketing or other related experience.
- Previous experience working in a scrum/agile environment.
- Empathy. You are naturally empathetic. This means you’ll have the ability to understand our customers – what motivates them, frustrates them, drives them and makes them happy.
- An ability to motivate. You listen before speaking and understand before providing solutions. You focus on the relationship and build trust easily.
- Execution excellence. Creating insights is one thing – leading and driving execution is another. You are motivated by getting things across the finish line and have a solid track record of managing projects and multiple priorities at any given time.
- A data mindset. You look to data to define a problem and you also look to data to demonstrate success. You are energized by the ability to contextualize your work through various tools, systems and processes.
- A desire to collaborate. To deliver high-quality features as quickly as possible, you’ll need to partner with many different people and departments.
- A knack for the details, with an understanding of the big picture. In your role, the details matter, and help drive your team forward with a sense of direction and clarity.
- Next level communication skills. Your written and verbal communication skills help articulate the voice of the customer and the needs of the business.
- A passion for technology. You are naturally curious about technology and tend to be an early adopter for most things. You appreciate how technology can solve many business problems and are driven to make a lasting impact for our customers.
- Ownership. You are driven to do the right things for your work. You are accountable to both your successes and your shortcomings.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!