Does driving value for one of Canada’s leading softwares excite you?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to be part of our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Product Marketing team focuses on the value that Jobber delivers to new and existing customers. Working closely with key stakeholders in other departments, they drive pricing, packaging, positioning and messaging, product launches, market research, competitive intelligence, and other initiatives that push our brand and business forward.
Reporting to the Manager, Product Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager – Market and Customer will:
- Use data and insights to build long-term strategies that drive growth and adoption of Jobber by:
- Understanding the Market. You’ll define, monitor, and maintain Jobber’s competitive position and conduct deep dives on key competitors and adjacent solutions to accelerate our product development and innovation.
- Understanding the Customer. You’ll distill internal and external data into customer insights to prioritize customer pain points, determine needs and identify new opportunities.
- Know how to sell it. You’ll be a core part of Jobber’s pricing and packaging strategic planning, and lead cross-company implementation to ensure our product value is being communicated effectively.
- Educate and Enable. You’ll package your insights so teams across Product, Marketing, Sales, Success, and Business Operations can easily digest the information and incorporate it into their strategies.
- Play a pivotal role in reinforcing the overall narrative and value proposition for Jobber.
To be successful, you should have:
- Ideally you have 3+ years of Product Marketing experience leading go-to-market strategies in a B2B SaaS environment, and are not afraid of positioning an industry-leading product to different users, markets, and segments.
- Experience distilling data and research to develop market insights, and identify trends and opportunities.
- A customer first approach. Whether it’s current customers in Jobber’s ecosystem or new market and channel opportunities, you have a passion to communicate with, learn about, and serve Jobber customers around the world. Delivering extraordinary customer experiences is in your DNA.
- Solid communication skills. You're passionate about sharing the story behind your work, and can effectively tell that story in ways that'll resonate with the Jobber team, new customers, current customers, partners, and influencers.
- The ability to collaborate and listen. You value relationship-building and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to help clear roadblocks, and genuinely want to understand the opinions of others in order to incorporate it into your strategies.
- A strategic drive and mindset. You’re a strategic thinker and operate on a level that turns your ambitious goals into visuals of new market opportunities and have considerable experience influencing cross-functional stakeholders at all levels.
- Comfort in the grey areas. You’re adaptable and can deal with ambiguity and changing (& growing) priorities, with an eye for prioritization.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!