If you see an inefficient process, do you have the need to solve it?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Product Operations Specialist to be part of our Product department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The Product Management team drives product strategy to ensure we are delivering the right things at the right time to our users. Working closely with cross-department teams, we research, explore, validate, ship, and measure problems and opportunities that drive user value and company impact.
As a Product Operations Specialist at Jobber, you will be one of the first employees in this new and exciting supporting function for the product department. Your role will be to accelerate the Product Management team by finding new and effective ways within the way we work to help us deliver value to our customers faster. The department needs to evolve to scale, so this role will have a lot of flexibility to inform what those changes will be. You will be working very closely with the Product Management team as well as members of the Product Development leadership team.
The Product Operations Specialist will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the process around releases. You’ll be responsible for ensuring we follow the process around how we release customer facing updates to our customers, including our app releases.
- This includes maintaining our calendar of releases to ensure stakeholders are kept informed
- Cross-functional coordination. Coordination with Success, Sales, Product Marketing, and other roles across PD. Ensuring all departments have what they need to support our releases in a consistent, scalable format.
- Support to Quality Assurance for new features. Not a replacement for our QA process but someone to assist to ensure that our product releases are meeting the criteria that the Product teams have set.
- A good developed process with Success/Sales around collecting Voice of Customer. How might we achieve one single repository for customer feedback from our voice of customer/market channels?
- This may also include data from customer interviews.
- In addition to the above, process improvements for the following could be part of scope:
- Tool identification and management. researching, identifying, and bringing in tools that will further enable the product org
- Day to Day Process improvements (JIRA data quality, PM wiki, PM meetings, user interviews, etc)
To be successful, you should have:
- 2+ years of working closely with a product team in a supporting role or Project Management background in a SAAS company is preferred
- Curious. You are naturally curious. Understanding what makes things tick and the value its providing the team.
- An ability to create sustained change. Change is hard, especially when inefficient processes are part of our existing DNA and we cannot think of a better way. Listening before speaking to best find a sustainable solution is key for success.
- Execution excellence. Creating a process is one thing – leading and driving execution is another. You are motivated by getting things across the finish line and have a solid track record of optimizing processes and juggling multiple priorities at any given time.
- An ability to motivate – Building a trusting relationship with your peers which allows you to be a strong advocate for change.\
- A desire to collaborate. To help the team move faster, you’ll need to partner with many different people and departments.
- A knack for the details, with an understanding of the big picture. In your role, the details matter, and help drive the team forward with a sense of direction and clarity.
- Next level communication skills. Your written and verbal communication skills help articulate the voice of the customer and the needs of the business.
- Ownership. You are driven to do the right things for your work. You are accountable to both your successes and your shortcomings.
- Bonus: Previous experience working in a scrum/agile environment and with Jira and Confluence tools
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!