Do you want to build a world-class mobile app for entrepreneurs on the go?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a React Native Engineer to be part of our Product Engineering team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Product Engineering team is central to the success of Jobber – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through continuous 1:1’s, dedicated feedback and support from your manager and our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, we hope you develop to another level with your skill set.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Engineering, the React Native Engineer will collaborate with other Product Development members on a scrum team that is focused on ensuring all of our teams have the tools, the tech and the knowhow to make Jobber’s mobile app the best app to run a business from anywhere. We’re looking for people who are ready to solve problems that millions of entrepreneurs are facing, using their experience to influence both a product and our team, all the while still working on developing their own craft.
It’s important that you’re a champion of best practices for well-tested, scalable, and well-organized code. In addition, you customize and extend tools and processes to increase the effectiveness of your team, and mentor others to do the same.
The React Native Engineer will:
- Build and maintain our mobile framework and tooling
- Support other teams as they migrate mobile code into or build in React Native
- Keep our mobile app up-to-date on upstream React Native, iOS, and Android changes
- Drive engineering solutions to have consistent practices and re-usable code across both iOS and Android apps
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Facilitate group discussions with team members and stakeholders to determine the best solution to our customer's problems
- Collaborate and be open to change – working with different stakeholders is important for this role
- Breakdown and explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
To be successful, you should have:
- Proficiency writing mobile application clients (Native, Hybrid, PWAs, etc)
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle in the Agile/Scrum framework
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience writing tools, libraries, guidelines, and resources for other developers.
- Experience developing in React Native
- Experience with GraphQL and front-end frameworks
- Deep knowledge of either iOS or android native development
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!