Are you the kind of person who makes a great first impression?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to be part of our Sales department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Our Sales team gains an understanding of who our customers are, what their businesses do, and how Jobber can help them succeed, to turn leads into advocates.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in monthly and quarterly contests. This team is one that celebrates the wins, motivates each other through the losses, and challenges each other to do better every day. You’ll have regular 1:1’s with your manager which focus on performance, coaching, and long-term development, with consistent feedback on how you can continue to grow.
Reporting to a Sales Manager, the Sales Development Representative is the first touchpoint for potential customers, so making a good impression is paramount. You’ll get the opportunity to further develop our sales process by uncovering potential customers who businesses could benefit and grow using Jobber and create new qualified sales opportunities. You’ll increase sales efficiency by ensuring these opportunities are passed to Account Executives to champion the relationship.
The Sales Development Representative will:
- Connect with potential customers through a variety of inputs (phone, chats, email). You'll be talking to small business customers around the world and in a variety of industries, so every day will be different!
- Work with the Account Executive (AE) team to provide the best customer experience and exposure to the Jobber product for our customers.
- Communicate with multiple departments to ensure feedback is communicated around initiatives, product and campaigns.
- Track key information in Salesforce for follow-up and analytics.
- Continue to work on their skills through continuous feedback from other team members and leaders.
To be successful, you should have:
- Previous success in sales. If you were a top performer in selling cell phones, electronics, or other tech, or a retail star – this position is for you.
- The ability to be a self-starter. You will likely dial over 100 calls per day to effectively support the sales process. We need someone who is energized by moving fast, not depleted by it.
- Drive and tenacity for hitting targets. In sales, not every customer will say yes or be interested in what you have to say. You should be motivated to consistently achieve results by hitting and surpassing your targets. Consistency is key.
- The ability to collaborate. You must establish strong relationships quickly and work with the Sales team to understand what is and isn’t working.
- The ability to adapt and pivot. We’re an agile company and we need people who are able to pivot and change directions when required.
- To be a strong and confident communicator. You have the ability to actively listen and converse with our customers, and get a true understanding of who they are and what they need.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!