Do you like building the systems that help people work more efficiently?
Then you should consider joining us as a Salesforce Developer on our Business Operations (BizOps) team at our headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta or our growing office in Toronto, Ontario.
As one of Canada’s most dynamic start-ups, there are always new challenges and exciting projects on the go. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish. So, if you’re a person who thrives in an environment that moves at warp speed and likes supporting and empowering people to do their best work, we want to hear from you!
BizOps is our internal consulting team – they’re the decision support mechanism that connects data, business insights and an internal tech stack (systems) with the rest of the organization. In essence, BizOps is a central function that exists to drive business outcomes in all corners of Jobber’s ecosystem.
Reporting to the Director of BizOps, the Salesforce Developer will integrate Salesforce with other Jobber systems and to optimize Salesforce performance to enable our Sales team to build better relationships with our customers. There are a number of internal tools we use that allow our teams to do great work, which is the direct impact you will have by analyzing, designing and optimizing business processes related to Salesforce.
To be successful in this role you will need…
- Experience developing and implementing Salesforce Sales Cloud Solution.
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience.
- Experience with Salesforce declarative programming tools such as Process Builder and Flow Builder/Cloud Flow Designer.
- Experience in working with data migration and import tool such as Data Loader and Data Import Wizard.
- To collaborate. You are team-oriented but able to work autonomously with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- To be a problem solver. You’ll troubleshoot implementation issues and demonstrate the ability to drive to successful resolution.
- To be a self-starter. You are the kind of person who knows what needs to get done and you make it happen. You also involve the right people to help you with this.
- To be a strong troubleshooter. You’ll be very familiar with Salesforce best practices and the ability to recommend changes to our process that will increase efficiency for our internal teams.
It would be really great (but not required) if you had…
- Salesforce.com developer certification.
- Experience with Salesforce Configuration and Administration.
- Experience with Heroku Connect.
- Experience in developing integrated solutions using REST and/or SOAP.
- Familiarity with building reports and dashboards.
What you can expect from us…
- Extended health benefits package, full paid premiums.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive salary.
- An inclusive environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and develop a team within a high-growth environment.
A bit more about us…
We are the industry leading software for small home service businesses (Gartner agrees, read more here). Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber and appliance mechanic use Jobber to quote for jobs, schedule and dispatch work, track time, send invoices and of course, get paid! Tens of thousands of people use Jobber to deliver over $5-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and that's exactly what we're doing!
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.