Do you want to help grow a SaaS company in the most secure and scalable way?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Security Engineer to be part of our Product Development team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON, at our office in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to our Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, the Security Engineer is expected to be strong in multiple domains and provide significant guidance and contributions to Jobber’s codebase. You will be the security thought leader at Jobber, helping to mentor developers and advising leadership about our technology security strategy. You will foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when faced with differing views. To do so, you will need to take a pragmatic approach to security, acknowledging that there will often be tension between security best practices, user needs and resourcing.
The Security Engineer will:
- Be the point person for the design and development of security tools and solutions
- Develop general techniques and frameworks that will enable our engineering and operations teams to find flaws before they are introduced into production
- Perform threat modeling and vulnerability assessments
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs
- Maintain documented incident and monitoring procedures
- Collaborate with our engineering and operations teams on network and other internal security requirements
- Create and deliver security training, helping to shape our engineering practices
- Work on multiple high-impact projects as part of multiple scrum teams
To be successful, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling, secure coding, identity management and authentication
- 2+ years experience with security of cloud-hosted architectures
- Ability to clearly communicate complex architectures through the use of standard drawing tools
- A broad technical background is required with an emphasis in IT security
It would be really great (but not a requirement) if you had:
- Experience with identity management and authentication on mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Experience with identity management and authentication of REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with security of cloud-hosted platforms
- Experience with GDPR and other privacy compliance documents
What you can expect from your team:
Our Product Development team is central to Jobber’s success – focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of users around the world.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through frequent 1:1’s, ongoing feedback, support from your manager, our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, your skills will develop to a higher level.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!