Do you want to help grow a SaaS company in the most secure and scalable way?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Information Security Manager to be part of our Product Development team at our headquarters in downtown Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON, at our office in the King West area – or fully remote! (or some hybrid mix).
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Reporting to our Director, the Information Security Manager is expected to work closely with people from different departments/disciplines to help identify areas for improved security processes. .You will foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when faced with differing views. To do so, you will need to take a pragmatic approach to security, acknowledging that there will often be tension between security best practices, user needs and resourcing.
The Information Security Manager will:
- Help professionally select and deliver security awareness training and phishing sims
- Document controls and processes and find ways to align them with security frameworks
- Collect data through interviews on the efficacy of existing controls and processes
- Help perform risk assessments
- Learn, implement, and operate security automation tooling
- Help be part of the customer-facing security voice at Jobber (be an escalation point to help de-escalate, explain, and guide)
To be successful, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience interacting with people
- 3+ years experience writing – documentation, wiki articles, how-tos, emails
- Ability to clearly communicate and translate complex concepts into easy to understand pieces
- A passion for building, breaking, investigating, and understanding how things work
It would be really great (but not a requirement) if you had:
- Experience with threat modelling, risk assessment, secure coding, identity and access management
- Experience with SDLC, scripting, automation tooling (CI/CD)Experience with AWS, in particular cloud-native security tooling
What you can expect from your team:
Our Security team is central to Jobber’s success – focused on keeping Jobber’s systems and tens of thousands of users around the world safe.
At Jobber we never stop growing and learning, and you shouldn’t either. Through frequent 1:1’s, ongoing feedback, support from your manager, our Learning and Development team, and your own sense of curiosity, your skills will develop to a higher level.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!