Want to make a statement with your career that’s not just financial?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to be part of our Finance department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
The Finance team at Jobber is responsible for anything money related to better help plan, budget, and implement Jobber’s best ideas.
Reporting to our Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for the compilation, completion, and accuracy of financial reporting. You are known for your attention to detail, values transparency, and want to be part of a team that is directly contributing to the growth of the company. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible.
The Senior Accountant will:
- Prepare the most important documents in Jobber – the financial statements. Recording and crunching numbers is second nature to you, and with your thorough analysis of our records you’ll provide key information to stakeholders and work with our Accounting Manager to help make important decisions as we continue to grow and scale.
- Be the real closer. You’ll be responsible for accuracy in our financial reporting, checking our balances, reconciling accounts, and investigating any variances. You’ll bring your skills to our month-end journey and make sure everything is in tip-top shape.
- Be audit they can be. We’re building a world-class organization and want to ensure we’re complying to world-class standards. You’ll put a critical lens to our financial statements alongside our auditors to make sure we’re in tip-top shape.
- Be the ultimate process improver. You’ll be instrumental in identifying, developing and implementing fundamental financial processes.
To be successful, you should have:
- Your CPA designation. We’re looking for someone with a well-rounded set of qualifications, who can really step in and take charge.
- 3-5 years of working experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Passion for operational accounting and process improvement.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- To be a team player. The phrase “that isn’t my job” doesn’t belong here. You’ll be required to collaborate with many people who work at Jobber, advocate best practices and roll-up your sleeves when it’s time to be all hands on deck!
- To be a self starter. You’re used to moving fast and taking the reins to ensure things get done. You’re not afraid to seek out answers on your own when you have questions…while keeping your team informed along the way.
- To be coachable and adaptable. This role is with a growing organization, which means lots of change and trial and error. The best opportunities are the ones you can learn from and adapt to.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named #8 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!