Does driving marketing decisions using data sound exciting to you?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Senior Analyst, Marketing to be part of our Business Analytics team.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
Business Analytics is part of the Business Operations team, our internal consulting team – they’re the decision support mechanism that connects data, business insights and an internal tech stack (systems) with the rest of the organization. Business Analytics works with every function in Jobber to raise insights, analyze results and influence decision making through a well rounded understanding of the business and deep analysis of data.
Using a combination of strong business acumen and data analytics, the Senior Analyst will work with functional managers across marketing in particular and the company in general to support our aggressive growth. In this role, you will be working with a variety of teams such as Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Inbound Marketing to define and measure key metrics, question assumptions, and be the storyteller behind the numbers. Your insights and findings are leveraged to make and support important decisions on what we prioritize and how we allocate resources (time, money and people!).
The Senior Analyst will:
- Be a sounding board and consultant to functional managers in decision making. Ensure that teams have the right data at the right time.
- Push the envelope of the maturity of marketing analytics at Jobber. Constantly raise the bar in terms of using domain/ industry knowledge, technical analytical skills and strong business context to drive actionable insight.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making & storytelling among the stakeholders that you support.
- Zoom out to align team strategy with company strategy and zoom in to ensure performance is tracking along expected lines
- Develop a deep understanding of short term tactics and strategies and work with teams to ideate, set up, measure and report on success criteria.
To be successful, you should have:
- A curious mind and a growth mindset.
- 3+ years of experience using analytics to drive key business decisions in a business/product analyst, business intelligence, or strategy consulting role
- Experience with languages such as SQL, R and/or Python for manipulating large data sets
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Mode Analytics/Tableau/Looker
- Experience as a marketing analyst would be a plus. Experience in attribution, spend allocation, paid digital marketing analytics would be even better!
- To be proactive and relentless. You are capable of seeking information independently, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results
- A strong and confident communication style. You have the ability to actively listen and consult with stakeholders, and you can take something complex and difficult and make it easy to digest
- To be comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. We’re growing fast and things are changing every day – what worked yesterday might not anymore
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named one of the best places to work in Canada by Great Place to Work, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function, including Development Coach, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for your breaks: from three weeks vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!