Want to match your talent for running ambitious, layered marketing campaigns with one of Canada’s fastest growing startups?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Campaign Manager to be part of our Community Team focused on brand marketing programs in our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Our product provides entrepreneurs the flexibility of working in their office or the field and we offer that same opportunity to our employees. You will have the choice to work in either our Edmonton or Toronto offices or remotely anywhere within Canada. We’re committed to ensuring the best experience for all Jobberinos to do impactful work. We weren’t named a top workplace in Canada for nothing!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from growing awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The goal of Jobber’s Community Team is to grow awareness of Jobber by expanding our audience, and building the #1 home service community. We're always looking for opportunities to turn an online experience, like applying for Jobber Grants or attending Jobber Summit, or an offline experience, like meeting us at a tradeshow or receiving Jobber swag, into a shareable moment to help raise awareness about Jobber.
The following areas fall under Community: ambassadors and influencer marketing, communications, community programs, events, public relations, and social media.
Our Marketing department is extremely collaborative, so you’ll have the support of your colleagues from Demand Generation to the Jobber Creative Studio to make the magic happen.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Community, the Senior Campaign Manager will support project drivers across the Community team with promotional campaigns that drive engagement and participation in their various initiatives, programs, and events.
You’ll own a campaign calendar for the team, and build the promotional strategy for Jobber Grants, our next Jobber Summit virtual event (formerly known as Jobber Professional Development Day), and other campaigns in the works. You’ll set ambitious targets with the project driver, have the necessary budget approved, and ensure that individual channel drivers and teams (e.g., influencers, organic social, paid ads) are bought in and have everything they need to execute.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and an incredible communicator, and is open to seeing how campaign management evolves on the Community team.
The Senior Campaign Manager will:
- Strategize and optimize unique campaign plans, and execute. You understand every project requires a unique promotional strategy with a mix of different channels—you don’t have the same checklist for every campaign.
- Set targets and budgets with project drivers. You will work collaboratively with project drivers to pitch ambitious targets and corresponding budgets that show thoughtful year-over-year growth based on available benchmarks, and work with Marketing Operations and Analytics to build tracking and reporting to monitor progress.
- Own the project management—set timelines and build workback schedules. You will ensure there is enough time in a promotional campaign plan to allow channel drivers and our creative team to build and prepare assets, allow for check-ins, and implement necessary corrective action.
- Monitor results, and proactively catch and communicate issues and opportunities. You will provide timely status updates to the project drivers on campaign performance (engagement, cost per lead, trials, sales, etc.), call for a regroup if we’re not trending toward targets, or flag an opportunity to double-down on a high-performing channel or campaign.
- Be a strong communicator and collaborator. You’ll be working with the Senior Manager of Community, project drivers, channel drivers, and other stakeholders including Marketing Operations and the Jobber Creative Studio, and we expect you to seek out and use their expertise and recommendations to build out campaigns—not dictate to the experts how they should use their channels.
- Juggle anywhere from three to six campaigns of various scope. You can manage and track campaigns with two week and two month timelines—we’ll want to know your process for tracking details and progress throughout a project.
To be successful, you must have:
- 6+ years of experience working independently on multichannel marketing campaigns. You can independently decide how much effort to put into a campaign after consulting with the project driver, understanding the targets, and discussing priorities with the Senior Manager, Community.
- Familiarity with various digital and offline channels. You don’t need to know how to run every channel yourself, but you’re familiar with email marketing, organic social, influencer marketing, paid digital advertising, print, podcast ads, etc. and how they work together to promote a program—and you have an eye on new channels and how we might test them for the right project.
- A project management process to keep a large project team and budgets on track. Project teams can be anywhere from five to 30+ people depending on the scope of the project, and you’ll need to keep them informed and on track with tasks and timelines, and ensure they’re reporting on spend so you can track a promotional budget accurately. Teams across Marketing favour Asana, so ideally you can implement your process on that platform.
- The ability to dig into available data to understand ROI. In collaboration with project drivers, you’ll be setting targets for leads, applicants, registrants, etc. based on available benchmarks, and putting together corresponding budgets that work within reasonable cost per lead and cost of acquisition thresholds. You’ll present your logic to the Senior Manager, Community and additional marketing leadership for review and approval.
- Experience working with creative and communications teams. You know that a strong, collaborative relationship with your creative and communications counterparts leads to strong, consistent outputs, and you take time to ensure you understand their vision and recommendations, and get buy-in on your campaign plans.
- Ambition and humility. While you’re interested in building on what’s working, you don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things—all while staying humble.
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually – via phone or video.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, parental leave top-ups to support your growing family, and a snack box to help support those coffee breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!